5G Business Development Director
100% Home Working, reporting to the Directors in the USA
Salary: Very Competitive Salary with an incentive plan which could be a further 40% of salary plus excellent other benefits
Our client is looking for a 5G Business Development Director, this role is 100% remote and you will be reporting to the Directors in the USA. The successful candidate should have a strong technical background and understanding of wireless Test and Measurement technologies. Previous experience working with Federal Government, military and contractors - good understanding of wireless architectures and influence of O-RAN, cloud, MEC and private networking; background with positioning software OSS (inventory, fault, assurance, AI/ML) to carriers, enterprise and government agencies; track record of positioning complex solutions to customers that include several different lines of products (both hardware and software); documented success in new business development, new logos, partnerships and revenue; ability to build relationships with key decision makers at 5G strategic accounts in the respective region. Salary is very competitive with an incentive plan which could be a further 40% of salary plus excellent other benefits
5G Business Development Director Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible to develop and execute a set of comprehensive 5G lab to field customer strategies (leveraging cross sell and upsell) for new white space accounts or areas, NEMs, Wireless Service Providers and new entrants in the EMEA
- Close working relationship with Sales Account Managers, SSO, BU GMs and PLMs, CTO and Business Management to develop 5G value proposition roadmap and account plan for selected accounts.
- Bring and manage all relevant resources to sell the customer and be responsible for all aspects of follow up and closing on the deal
- Manage all aspects of 5G lab to field strategy execution at the customer - Provide continuous "voice of the customer" feedback to the BUs, CTO and Business Management Organizations on how to improve the 5G value proposition (e.g. product bundles, product performance, cross BU roadmaps, etc.)
- Gather and provide intelligence on competing products/systems and competitors 5G value proposition to BUs and the CTO organization
- Continue to develop and support the customer relationship to ensure that products are firmly embedded in the customers SOPs, MOPs, Network Advisories, roadmaps, etc.
5G Business Development Director would need to have the following personal characteristics to be successful:
- Experience in CSP, Govt, system integrator and their ecosystem partners.
- Documented success in new business development, new logos, partnerships, and revenue.
- Exceptionally comfortable engaging with new customers or new segments with existing customers
- Good understanding of wireless architectures and influence of O-RAN, cloud, MEC and private networking
- Ability to act as a visionary for customers…to share the impact of technological transformations and their business impacts
- Background with positioning software OSS (inventory, fault, assurance, AI/ML) to service providers
- Track record of positioning complex solutions to customers that include several different lines of products (both hardware and software) and to understand how they help solve business problems
- Understanding of wireless Test and Measurement technologies
- Ability to work in a team and matrixed environment.
- Adapt at influencing and supporting non reporting sales teams
- Ideal candidate would need to have the following personal characteristics to be successful: Hunter mindset, self-starter, comfortable in an unstructured environment, driven personality, flexible and adaptable to work with a broad range of customers and internal salespeople
- Good organizational and cross functional management skills
- Extensive experience in customer management and putting together commercial value propositions.
- Good negotiating skills
5G Business Development Director