Category Buyer - Electronics
Our client is looking for a full-time, permanent Electronics Category Buyer to work at their manufacturing base in Send, Woking. The Category Buyer will own and closely manage the relations with suppliers in the category to optimise service levels to manufacturing, global spending levels and improve strategic sourcing in line with the company procurement strategy.
- Manage multiple direct categories including Electrical Components, Electronics, Cameras and some indirect categories including Design partners and Head Office IT;
- Apply a differentiated approach to key and important suppliers including negotiation of Supply agreements and other contracts, price negotiation, regular key supplier reviews, application and refinement of Supplier Performance metrics/KPIs and quality monitoring to reduce risk;
- Translate manufacturing forecasts into supplier forecasts, leverage savings based on economies of scale and maintain inventory levels to enable efficient manufacturing;
- Ownership and project management of the tender process including use of RFI/RFP ensuring presentation of recommended outcomes to senior management for approval;
- Develop an internal statement of work/requirements and supplier expectations including anticipated measurement of supplier success.
- Provide strategic sourcing of inventory parts including new supplier introduction, re-shoring of Asia sourced goods where appropriate, collaborate with internal stakeholders and agree a supplier list for new product items and changes to existing products;
- Manage Contract and PO approval in line with delegated authorities and standard operating procedures;
- Line management of a Purchasing Officer ensuring POs are placed and maintained within the ERP system, lead and delivery times are achieved, pricing is correct and operational problems are addressed with consequences being communicated back to the business;
- Collaborate with other Category buyers within the business to ensure alignment and consistency of approach.
Required Knowledge, Essential Skills & Experience
- 5+ years’ experience of buying in the electronics/electric sector is essential;
- Electrical Engineering qualification where a degree or equivalent is preferred;
- CIPS level 4 qualification or equivalent experience;
- Be very familiar with the Category buying approach to purchasing and have performed this role in a purchasing organisation or preferably a manufacturing/engineering environment;
- Has built strong, long-term supplier relationships that have lead to cost savings, improved service levels, lower inventory levels and / or reduced risk to the supply chain;
- Experienced at sourcing new suppliers and on boarding them;
- Excellent analytical skills with a strong attention to detail;
- Able to create sound business justifications for new spends, carry out financial modelling of quotations to assess impact on cash flow and inventory levels;
- Good communication and strong presentation skills;
- Able to create clear and concise written Supply and Supplier agreements;
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship building;
- Highly organised and able to multi-task, prioritise and manage a diverse workload;
- Based in our modern Global HQ in Send, Surrey, candidates must live within a manageable daily commute.
Keywords: Buyer, Electronics, CIPS, Electronics, Procurement
This is a permanent, full time position, 40 hour week - Monday to Friday 8.00am – 4.30pm, with a 30 minute lunch break and attracts a base salary £40-50K per annum, depending on experience and background. The role will include overseas travel as when required
- Additional production bonus (variable but approx. 6% basic salary payable monthly in arrears), linked to the value of goods invoiced from the UK factory base.
- Aviva private pension scheme, in line with Government legislation and guidelines. Currently 5% employee contribution and 3% employer contribution.
- BUPA, non-contributory private medical insurance (subject to 6 months satisfactory service).
- Simply Health Optimise Plus Plan, non-contributory cash back plan for claiming monies back for treatments (subject to 6 months satisfactory service).
- Life insurance (Death in Service scheme) equivalent to 2 years’ basic salary to next of kin (subject to 6 months satisfactory service).
- 24 days holiday per annum (plus additional Bank Holidays).
- Sickness absence pay (after six months satisfactory service).
- Free on-site parking
- Excellent staff facilities including free membership of an on-site gym.
Category Buyer - Electronics
Location: Woking, Surrey
Salary: £40,000 to £50,000 plus benefits