Commercial Manager – Aerospace, Defence
Our client is a highly successful global aerospace/defence company, they require an experienced Commercial Manager. You will be managing the contract and commercial aspects for the Supply Chain for an integrated project team. Providing integrated expertise in support of supply chain, sales and business performance
On offer is a salary of up to £55,000 depending on experience plus a host of fantastic benefits.
Location: Wimborne, Dorset
Our client can offer flexible working arrangements, such as working remotely with attendance on site on an agreed basis as required
Qualifications/Experience – Commercial Manager:
- Degree or equivalent experience in law/business.
- Experience in aerospace, defence or other complex high technology organisation
- Experience in applying the broad principles of contract law to supply contracts & new business proposals & negotiations, contract changes, disputes and contract management.
- Bids and proposals experience
- Experience of assessing the impact of complex commercial issues on the business and presenting a considered view on strategy for negotiation and resolution
- Experience of international contracting and the management of foreign-based customers and contracts
- Experience in a defence contracting environment involving UK MoD and Us DoD conditions
- Previous experience supporting and advising on supply chain contracts
- Solid experience drafting, reviewing, negotiating and advising on complex terms and conditions of contracts. You will have an excellent understanding of different types of terms and conditions.
- Very familiar with the principles of liquidated damages and experience of structuring liquidated damages clauses, claims and disputes, this may include warranty, liability, termination and intellectual property etc.
- Familiar with Costing & margin/profit analysis, financial literacy and commercial awareness
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Customer facing background
Core Requirements required re role of Commercial Manager:
- Contract law knowledge, analysis, application and drafting
- Negotiation and dispute resolution skills
- Managerial and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate and influence at senior levels of the business
- Regulatory, governance and policy awareness
- Tenacity and ability to work in a complex multi-stakeholder environment
- Financial literacy and commercial awareness
Key Responsibilities re role of Commercial Manager:
Contract Management & New Business
- Proactively advising and supporting the Supply Chain team on the interpretation and enforcement of contractual and commercial obligations and identifying opportunities to leverage contractual terms in support of business objectives. Where required, leading on supplier negotiations with respect to contractual obligations.
- Provide support to the Integrated Projects team, new business opportunities in accordance with the Contracts Policy, including the review of T&Cs and commercial aspects of the bid, obtaining approvals, proposal drafting, negotiation, purchase order review and acceptance.
- Leading on the drafting, negotiation and execution of supplier framework agreements of strategic importance, liaising with customer-facing teams to understand requirements and design intelligent solutions.
- Support to customer-facing contracts team including the provision of end-to-end contractual support to substantial new business opportunities where they arise, supporting the bid manager, and advising on contracts and commercial issues as part of proposal Gate reviews.
- Ensure that existing contracts are proactively and robustly managed, contractual changes are identified and the contractual financial baseline is protected.
- Identify and monitor commercial risks and propose mitigations.
- Manage and develop relationships with internal and external customers.
- Manage (or support as required) customer and supplier disputes and claims in support of business objectives.
- Compliance and Governance
- Implement and ensure adherence to CCL policies & procedures
- Manage the engagement of intermediaries in compliance with Company Policies.
- Protect confidential information by ensuring NDAs are obtained in line with company policy.
- Support the business with respect to trade compliance issues.
- Support C&C functional initiatives, including training and continuous improvement.
Keywords: Contracts Management, Supply Chain, Defence, Aerospace, Bids, Proposals, NDAs, Negotiating, Terms and Conditions, Costing, Margin and Profit analysis, Liquidated Damages Clauses, Warranty Liability, Intellectual Property Rights, Complex Terms and Conditions, Commercial Manager, Contracts Manager
Salary: On offer is a salary of up to £55,000 depending on experience plus and a host of fantastic benefits, which includes an annual bonus, employer matched pension scheme of up to 12%, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with options to buy/sell 5 days per year, company funded life cover of 3x salary and income protection scheme as well as a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme. In addition, they offer a wide range of additional benefits through covering Health & Wellbeing benefits, Insurances, Cycle Scheme, Gym Flex, Technology Scheme and discounted Retail Vouchers to name a few.
Location: Wimborne, Dorset