Salary: up to £45,000 plus benefits package
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire
Our client is a successful management consultancy providing technical expertise to projects in the Ministry of Defence. They also have experience working in the nuclear, defence, space, and transport sectors in the UK.
They are looking for a progressive type of person that can go on to become a Commercial Manager of the future.
Job role – Commercial Officer:
- Day to day management, administration, review, negotiation and drafting of contracts and purchase orders with customers and suppliers.
- Drafting of flow down terms for supplier contracts.
- Provide commercial and contractual support to bids as required, including contributing to the development of proposals for potential business and the commercial review of the full suite of ITT and proposal documents.
- Work with the wider team to deliver profitable commercial and contractual solutions ensuring that commercial and contractual risks are mitigated, obligations are met and required governance is followed.
- Provide advice on Commercial policy to the Directors and to non-Commercial staff, making the case for the added value of these processes.
Key Experience & Qualifications – Commercial Officer
- Demonstrated experience (minimum of 5 years) within the commercial field.
- Experience of working with the UK MOD on a range of proposals and contracts.
- An understanding of terms and conditions, contract law and intellectual property.
- Knowledge of UK Defence terms and conditions, including DEFCONs.
- Proven support to negotiation and contract management activities.
- Previous exposure to international contracts, ITAR and EAR.
- Experience of software licensing
- Experience using software tools.
- In depth professional knowledge of Commercial principles, techniques and practices and understanding of how Commercial roles fit within an organisation.
- Customer & supplier relationship management.
- Stakeholder management.
- Attention to detail. Financially astute. Proactive. Team player.
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively as part of a wider team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including influencing and presentation skills. Excellent organisational skills. A can-do attitude.
- Ideally educated to degree level within a law or business-related field.
- Previous experience operating in a similar Commercial role.
Keywords: MOD, Defence, Commercial Officer, Contracts Officer, Terms and Conditions of Contract, Risk, UK MOD, UK Defence terms and conditions, DEFCONs, ITAR, EAR, Bids, Proposals, Software Tools, Software Licensing
Note: this can be a Hybrid/Remote role as long as the person is happy to travel to the company’s offices as required