Our client is a successful global aerospace company and are looking for a Senior Commercial Officer to provide support to the Supply Chain function. The successful candidate will play a key role in ensuring EBITA growth and providing win/win solutions through innovation and commercial excellence. This a high profile position within the Commercial team, which has been created to work alongside and support the growing Procurement and Supply Chain function. This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Senior Commercial Officer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Law or Business.
- Broad Contract Law knowledge.
- Experience of working within the Aerospace, Defence, Engineering or Manufacturing industry.
- An understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations is highly desirable.
- Experience of managing and advising on commercial and business risk.
- International commercial awareness
- US DoD contracts knowledge would be an advantage.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager for Procurement the role will involve:
- Supporting the supply chain with (and where appropriate leading) contract negotiations.
- Providing advice to the supply chain personnel with regards to contractual positions
- Ensuring that contracts are signed and approved in line with company procedures.
- Supporting the Commercial Manger with (and where appropriate leading) commercial claims (either submitted to the supply base or received from the supply base)
- Supporting new policies and procedures to put them in place
- Ensuring that header contract provisions are flown down to suppliers.
- Ensuring that existing contracts are fit for purpose and highlighting areas which require amendment.
- Providing best fit agreements to the procurement team.
- Reviewing terms and conditions received from the supplier.
- Providing battle of the form guidance to the procurement team.
- Ensuring any contractual change is managed appropriately.
Keywords: Commercial Officer, Law, Legal, Contract, Federal Acquisition Regulations, EBITA, Aerospace, Defence
Location: Wimborne, Dorset
Salary: Very Competitive plus bonus and excellent benefits