Design Engineer – Avionics
Our client is looking for an experienced Avionics Design Engineer, you will be working within our clients design office with a team of 10 people, working on the Modifications to the Falcon 20 aircraft a fleet specialized mission systems aircrafts and special mission equipment. You will be designing and drafting of circuit layouts and diagrams, electrical assemblies, systems and harnesses and the compilation of associated documentation for the design of changes to aircraft electrical/avionic systems and for new components/systems. The successful candidate should have previous Design Office experience and have some Avionic or Electrical experience. Ideally a Degree or HND/HNC or OND/ONC in avionic or electrical engineering, or related industrial experience, they should have a clear understanding of aircraft avionic / electrical component and / or system design requirements, materials and manufacturing processes. CATIA, Solidworks or Auto CAD proficient. Have the ability to produce calculations in support of the design activity. A working knowledge of regulatory requirements, i.e. EASA, JAA, FAA is desirable. This role is located in Christchurch, Dorset / Hampshire and offers a very competitive salary with benefits.
Avionics Design Engineer duties will include:
- Work with customers and suppliers and integrate with Marketing, sales and project management.
- Compilation of design and certification data.
- Providing working design solutions to technical problems with the minimum of supervision.
- Check Signatory for Avionics / Electrical drawings and certification reports.
- Generating design concepts and supporting the design engineers in the execution of the design and certification packages.
- Provide support for design reviews.
- Supporting production and installation engineers in matters relating to projects
As an Avionics Design Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Experience in the design of systems, subsystems, equipment and electronic assemblies used in an airborne environment, including Loom / Cable / Harness design, PCB packaging and Black box design.
- Production of design schemes in the form of schematics and block diagrams, generating detailed drawings to support product development and manufacture.
- Preparing and managing drawings, associated documents and supporting calculations and ensuring that drawings and documentation meet customer requirements and relevant standards
- Document / drawing management software
- Experience with the design of products for aircraft systems and associated regulatory environment including, but not limited to design for TEMPEST/EMC, RoHS/WEEE compliance.
- Competent in either CATIA, Solidworks or AutoCAD
Awareness / Experience in the following areas:
- Civil Aerospace - associated processes / specifications / standards.
- Military - associated processes / specifications / standards.
- Systems design and designing to requirements.
- Hardware design / PCB design.
Keywords: Design, Avionics, Falcon, Circuit Layout, Electrical, Tempest, EMC, RoHS, WEEE, CATIA, Solidworks or AutoCAD, EASA, JAA, FAA
Design Engineer – Avionics
Location: Christchurch, Dorset
Salary: Very Competitive with excellent benefits