Embedded Software Engineer / Firmware Engineer - C, C++, VHDL
Salary: £50,000 to £70,000 depending on level of experience, plus 15% bonus and excellent benefits package
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire
Our client is a highly successful expanding 3D medical imaging company. They have a friendly team working in a vibrant culture on a high-tech product.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and development of embedded designs, using C, C++, VHDL. The firmware engineer will work closely with other development teams to provide firmware solutions and solve integration problems on complex systems.
The role is a chance to become a key member of a small agile team of engineers working on exciting Radiotherapy systems that make a real improvement to patients’ lives. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to influence the Firmware development and architecture of these products.
Responsibilities for the Embedded Software Engineer/ Firmware Engineer include, but not limited to:
- Creating innovative and robust firmware designs
- Architecting Firmware systems
- Provide early input into projects to ensure hardware/firmware are well matched
- Reviewing 3rd Party Interface specifications and developing Vision RT system interfaces as required
- Documenting Firmware and recording deliverables
- Writing and maintaining firmware documentation
- Holding code reviews and verifying firmware designs
- Ensuring configuration management/keeping designs under revision control
- Ensure code meets regulatory requirements i.e., IEC 62304, EN 60601-1
- Providing progress reports
Experience and Skills for the role of Embedded Software Engineer/ Firmware Engineer:
- At least 2 years’ experience of developing firmware using C, C++ & VHDL
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or related field
- A good understanding of firmware version control and revision control software (DevOps ideally)
- Ability to analyse system and / or hardware level requirements and derive detailed Firmware requirements.
- De-bugging firmware designs and supporting integration & verification at hardware and system level.
- Ability to coordinate day to day technical activities, liaising closely with the other team members
- Experience in writing technical reports/ documentation
- Performing code reviews
- Excellent communication (oral & written) & interpersonal skills
- Driving licence and Passport to permit potential off-site travel
Keywords: Firmware Engineer, Embedded Software, Imaging Systems, Medical Systems, Agile, Firmware Architecture, Hardware, C, C++, VHDL, Xilinx Vivado, FPGA, HDL Designer, ModelSim, High Speed Interfaces, Linux, Python, Scripting, Embedded Microblaze softcore processors, Firmware Engineer
Embedded Software Engineer / Firmware Engineer C, C++, VHDL