Engineering Analyst – Aerospace
Location: Wimborne, Dorset / hybrid flexible working
Salary: competitive plus excellent benefits
Our client is a highly successful aerospace & defence company, they offer excellent salary and benefits package including bonus, up to 12% pension, 25 days holiday and many other benefits along with excellent career progression, mentoring and training.
The main aims of the Engineering Operations function are:
- Maintain and develop Engineering processes for design, certification, modification, and support of aerospace systems.
- Reporting of engineering metrics against business and department level KPI’s. Carrying out root cause analysis and proposal of corrective actions to improve engineering performance against agreed targets.
- Carry out internal audits and support external audits
The purpose of the role of Engineering Analyst is:
- To conduct data analytics tasks and activities in support of the Engineering team such as tracking KPI’s, design right first time and project milestone adherence.
- Support Continuous improvement activities within Engineering
- Support internal and external engineering process audits
- Review and develop engineering processes
- To improve the current process for outsource of engineering work packages and introduce meaningful metrics to support this activity.
- You will conduct analysis and manage data reporting to agreed time, cost, and quality requirements.
A key part of this role is to drive a continuous improvement culture for methods, systems, and tools that can be improved within the engineering function and to highlight issues and present recommendations to meet deliverables to business leadership. Due to the recent company acquisition, there will be lots of interesting integration and varied work to get involved in.
The company offer flexible working arrangements, such as working remotely with attendance on site on an agreed basis as required, this could be a day through to a few days per week depending on the requirement.
As an Engineering Analyst your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- At least HND, NVQ Level 4 or associates degree equivalent in an engineering related subject – preferably educated in engineering, maths, or statistics.
- Experience of Engineering Development or Systems Engineering within Aerospace would be advantageous
- Proven ability to manipulate complex data sources
- Advanced Microsoft Excel competencies, experience with PowerPivot would be advantageous.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Project (PMOS) would be advantageous.
- Ability to develop SharePoint sites.
- Experience of working in small teams and providing summary reports
- Experience of Continuous Improvement methods would be advantageous.
As an Engineering Analyst your main responsibilities will involve:
- Provide an analysis of the engineering, project, and programme information, looking for anomalies and key trends against the recorded baselines
- Present findings both verbally and in written form to an agreed format and standard that enables an understanding of the issues and recommendations in order to meet targets
- Ensure all data is recorded in the correct format and suitable for processing and analysis
- Collate, analyse and manage data reporting to agreed time, cost, quality and requirements
- Work using a continuous improvement approach to identify where methods, systems and tools can be improved
- Assist in the development of business processes
- Assist in the creation of training and its delivery
- Measurement of Key Performance Indicators in engineering
Keywords: Engineering Analyst, Aerospace, Data Analytics, Data Analysis, Continuous Improvement, Design, Certification, Modification, Root Cause Analysis, Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPivot, Microsoft Project, Data Manipulation, Analysis, Technical Report Writing, Engineering Metrics, Audits
Engineering Analyst – Aerospace