Engineering Project Manager
Our client is looking to recruit an Engineering Project Manager, ideally someone with sustainability, carbon reduction, utilities, and energy engineering industry experience. The successful candidate should be a Chartered Engineer with Proven Project Management experience. As part of our clients integrated services, you will be working on complex industrial sites, project managing consultancy and engineering design projects with large scale manufacturing clients, globally. A significant volume of this work will be integrating the latest new technology for low and zero carbon solutions into these established facilities. Additionally, as a Project Manager you will oversee a team including Project Engineers and Graduate Engineers, supervising them, and supporting their development.
This is a pivotal client facing role and candidates will need to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills in addition to extensive relevant industrial experience. The ideal candidate will have a range of technical skills and be eager to broaden and extend them further within a fast paced and challenging role.
Our client is based in Fleet, Hampshire / some hybrid working is available. The successful candidate must be happy to travel to client sites both UK and overseas. Applicants are expected to show existing eligibility to work in the UK and have access to own transport.
Engineering Project Manager Essential Skills and Interests:
- Senior Technical Operations / Engineering management role within a manufacturing site or within a Consultancy.
- Project management of significant engineering / continuous improvement projects / project portfolios.
- Experience of reporting to and building rapport with clients.
- Development of strategies / master plans for site facilities and systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of capital planning and approval processes.
- Building business cases to support investment proposals.
- A clear commitment to personal continuous professional development, able to lead by example.
- Practical knowledge of utilities systems including boilers & steam plants, refrigeration & cooling systems, compressed air systems and water treatment.
Qualifications and Additional Requirements:
- Chartered Engineer with a recognised institution
- Degree in a relevant Engineering discipline e.g., Mechanical / Electrical / Chemical / Environmental
- Highly PC Literate – MS office, MS Project plus other relevant software’s
- Current Driving License and access to a car
- Additional European Languages such as Italian are a significant bonus
- Starter – Completer work ethic, accountable and able to lead with confidence
Keywords: Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Environmental, sustainability, carbon reduction, utilities, energy
Engineering Project Manager
Location: Fleet, Hampshire / hybrid role
Salary: £40,000 to £56,000 plus excellent benefits