Head of PMO – Aviation Industry
Our client is a highly successful global aerospace company they are currently recruiting a Head of PMO to be accountable for and development of the PMO function including governance, planning, reporting, change control, quality, risk management, project initiation, resource management and key performance indicators. Supporting the leadership to drive effective decision-making and accountability and oversight across the portfolio of projects/programmes is essential along with embedding new standards and develop and mature the portfolio through quality management and continuous improvement
As Head of PMO your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
Degree educated or equivalent relevant experience.
Significant programme management experience
Experience of project managing bids and mobilisation of new contracts.
Ability to solicit buy in from a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
Accredited Program or Project Management qualification (e.g. PMP, APMP, MSP)
Experienced in the Aviation, Aerospace sector, they may consider another safety critical environment working on complex systems integration projects
As Head of PMO your main responsibilities will involve:
- Management of the day to day PMO function, ensure all PMO activities are delivered on time, cost and quality standards are maintained and contribute to the management, leadership of the engagement as a whole.
Owns all collateral (process documents, training materials, reporting documentation) and ensures it is available to the relevant stakeholders, and kept up-to-date and subject to appropriate change controls.
Develop and implement KPI’s and standard reporting criteria for all Value Stream Directors and Value Stream Managers to report to the company’s UK leadership team.
- Support the business in shaping propositions, working directly with sponsors and change requesters, providing advice and reasonable challenge where necessary.
- Oversee resource allocation and resource budget for all projects and programmes across the company’s value streams and functions based on agreed scope. Seek to minimise the effect of change ‘scope creep’, ensure changes are formally processed.
- Monitoring of strategic level risks which may pose a threat to business operations, ensuring that actions can be clearly identified, tracked and executed to suitably mitigate risks.
- Develop and maintain the smooth running of the governance framework and oversee the approvals process across the programme/project delivery.
- Ensure the right decision is taken by the right person or group, based on the right level of supporting information and significantly increase successful delivery.
- You and your team will ensure consistency of delivery providing standards, methods, knowledge management, assurance and guidance across the programme of change.
- Mentoring and professional development of staff under PM control.
- Apply countermeasures identified in applicable risk assessment to appointed operations/tasks.
Keywords: PMO Manager, Head of PMO, Aviation, Aerospace, PMP, APMP, MSP, Bids, Risk Management, Programme Management, Complex Systems.
Head of PMO – Aviation Industry
Salary: Competitive plus car allowance and bonus, large company benefits
Location: Christchurch, Dorset