Head of Procurement
Salary: extremely competitive plus car allowance, 15% bonus and other excellent benefits
Our client is a highly successful global aerospace company and are looking for Head of Procurement to lead the business unit’s Procurement tasks, defining and implementing robust purchasing and sourcing strategies to support the business’ goals. Lead team of best in class procurement professionals to continuously improve the delivery of materials from suppliers on time to need, the quality of materials and services procured, and the cost of our products in a compliant procurement system. The successful candidate should have previous experience working in an Aviation related business ideally within a Procurement, Sourcing or Logistics capacity. The prime location is Christchurch with 10-20% travel. This role is a newly created role and offers an extremely competitive salary, plus car allowance, 15% bonus and other excellent benefits.
As Head of Procurement your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Previous experience working in an Aviation related business ideally within a Procurement, Sourcing or Logistics capacity
- Bachelor degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or related field
- Experience developing & leading procurement organisation.
- Experience of negotiating long term complex supplier agreements
- Experience with MRPII desirable.
- Professional qualifications: MCIPS or equivalent preferred.
- Leadership and motivational skills
- Strong personal and professional integrity
- Fully appreciation of and commitment to Safety and Airworthiness regulatory environment
- Influence & Communication; persuasively present thoughts and ideas; gain commitment and ensure support for proposed ideas
- Managing Time & Priorities
- Create an open environment that encourages people to work together to solve problems and improve practices and services
As Head of Procurement your main responsibilities will involve:
- Leading a multi-functional supply chain Procurement team; setting clear objectives; managing performance; developing skills and competencies
- Foster a culture of procurement excellence by ensuring that we maintain policy and standards, but we also innovate to create and achieve best practices
- Participate in Strategic Supply Chain Design and deploy subsequent actions to achieve strategy Identify gaps in functional competencies and close those gaps through organisation design, team and individual development, recruitment and training.
- Manage major sub contracts, provide support to bids and project procurement activity
- Develop partnerships and tactical procurement relationships that enable the achievement of PPV goals, lead time goals, quality goals and delivery
- Establish and report to agreed KPIs
- Drive continuous improvement of Procurement processes
- Ensure all cost, pricing, contract flow downs, and responsible procurement activities are conducted in a compliant manner
- Drawing upon the expertise of the Legal, Contracts and Commercial team, ensure that we have robust supply chain contracts that facilitate effective performance and mitigate risk
- Ensure material supply is in balance with demand plan.
- Lead supplier quality engineering team to qualify & develop suppliers, improve quality performance, manage supplier rating system & report cards
Keywords: Procurement, Sourcing, Logistics, MCIPS, supply chain, MRPII, Aviation
Head of Procurement
Location: Christchurch, Dorset