Location: Knutsford, Cheshire
Salary: £30,000 to £60,000
Our client is looking for a Technical Product Specialist / IT Technical Support person. This is an opportunity to participate in the fast-growing and increasingly important cybersecurity market, using your strong problem-solving and communication skills to delight customers while driving the growth of our client’s business. The Technical Product Specialist / IT Technical Support will work within our technical support team. The role will require developing deep technical knowledge of our client’s product to help customers deploy and use products in various environments (cloud, on-premise, CI/CD pipelines). The successful candidate will ideally have experience with one or more cloud solutions and an understanding of DevSecOps. With our growing customer base, you’ll quickly become an expert on our products and our customers and provide insights that create best practices and enhance our product roadmaps. You should have an excellent academic record, with very strong A levels and degree, probably in a technical or scientific discipline. Please note this role is office based in Knutsford in Cheshire.
Technical Product Specialist / IT Technical Support Requirements
Our clients technical support team is the key liaison point between software developers, customer success, product management, researchers, and customers.
You will be involved in a wide variety of activities, including:
- Getting hands-on with customers to help them deploy products in a variety of environments (cloud, on-premise, CI/CD pipelines).
- Partnering with our customer-facing teams to win the technical sale. over 1,000 monthly trial users, many of whom are converting organically... and others who will buy with a bit of proactive technical support.
- Making the most of modern enterprise video communications to engage with customers to ensure they make the best use of our software.
- Collaborating with software developers to understand product features and to pass on insights into how they are used by our clients customers in the real world.
- Working with our clients Growth tribe to ensure potential customers maximise the use of product trials.
- Investigating bug reports by attempting to reproduce, diagnose, and, where relevant, fix issues that people run into.
- Liaise with technical product managers to help prioritise software development work, championing the customer’s perspective.
Technical Product Specialist / IT Technical Support Essential skills
- Communication. An excellent communicator in both written and oral form. A clear and concise style, able to communicate complex technical concepts with precision. Ability to adapt communication style to a widely varied audience, from other technical specialists through to novices.
- Problem-solving. A methodical thinker, able to pursue open-ended investigations into obscure problems and carry out your own research to obtain relevant knowledge. Tenacious and conscientious, willing to persevere with a challenging task through to completion.
- Technology. A passion for technology in general and an interest in enabling security through continuous deployment in DevOps. A fast learner able to absorb information about a very broad range of technical topics and apply knowledge to new tasks as they arise.
- Customer service. An instinctively helpful person who takes pleasure in solving other people’s problems. A positive, can-do outlook and a willingness to go the extra mile to delight customers beyond their expectations.
Technical Product Specialist / IT Technical Support Desirable Skills
Although not essential to the role, it would be beneficial to have some knowledge or interest in the following areas:
- Previous experience supporting production solutions.
- Cybersecurity - although direct experience with Application Security is not required -you’ll learn quickly!
- Computer science.
- Software development processes and methodologies.
- System administration.
- Networking technologies: switches, routers, firewalls, VPNs.
- Web application development.
- One or more programming languages.
- Hands-on experience with AWS/Azure/GCP
Salary £30,000 to £60,000 with benefits including:
8% employer pension contribution.
Life assurance: 4x salary.
Income protection: full pay for the first 6 months of incapacity followed by 75% of salary plus pension contribution.
Private medical insurance (Bupa).
25 days holiday plus public holidays.
Car Scheme/Bike Scheme.
Continuous personal development.
Technical Product Specialist / IT Technical Support