Our client is looking for a JAVA Technical Architect for their TeraVM product. TeraVM is a fully virtualized (on multiple hypervisors), highly scalable application for testing multi-service IP networks. It determines the key quality and performance limitations associated with the deployment of next generation voice, video and data applications and helps the world’s largest companies develop and deploy associated services with confidence. In this role the successful candidate will be a key member of the TeraVM Architecture team and will specifically own the design and architecture of the Java component of the TeraVM product. This will involve working closely with Platform and Protocol Architects and key members of the development team.
This role is based in Dublin, with a very competitive salary and excellent benefits.
As a JAVA Technical Architect your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Proven experience in a Java architecture/design role with demonstrated experience in software design and development
- Experience in building microservice solutions and solving associated problems, especially in a Cloud environment
- Knowledge and experience of deploying Java applications in cloud platforms e.g. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack
- Extensive experience and knowledge of different Java frameworks, integration technologies, Web App solutions and API design and be able to use this knowledge to identify problems and recommend practical solutions and improvements to these problems
- Previous experience with new product development and delivery to a worldwide customer base
- The skills to engage with key stakeholders (Sales, Product Management, Project Management, Development) to understand current and future product requirements and ensure product design is capable of supporting these requirements
- Must have excellent communication skills, be a real team player, a creative thinker, an excellent problem solver, self-driven and motivated to succeed
- Customer and quality driven but also pragmatic and keeps the business interests in mind
- Practical experience working with distributed Scrum teams
- Experience in virtualization technologies including ESXi, KVM, XEN, Hyper-V
- Knowledge and experience of container technologies
- Experience in Linux system architecture and telecom protocols is an advantage
- Must be educated to a degree level in computer science/engineering or have equivalent experience.
- Certification such as Java EE Enterprise Architect is an advantage
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Salary: Very competitive with excellent benefits