Lead Engineer – (ATS) Aerospace – EW (Electronic Warfare Programme)
Our client is a highly successful company, they are pioneering new technologies within Aerospace, Defence, Communications, Electronic Warfare, Radar, GPS Systems, Navigation Systems and Microwave and Antenna systems
Job Overview – Air Lead Engineer
Our client is looking for an Air Lead Engineer to act as the technical lead for a major Electronic Warfare Programme. Your role will be to deliver this complex and exciting programme with authority to make key design decision and to direct and lead a multidisciplinary engineering team.
Key Responsibilities – Air Lead Engineer
- Direct design and development engineering tasks in partnership with the Systems Design Authority and other key stakeholders, including functional leads and the project manager.
- Support engagement with the aircraft authority to ensure that the system is certified for flight.
- Work with the project manager to provide engineering inputs to plans and work packages.
- Lead regular air systems stand-up meetings to manage engineering tasks and review outputs and key challenges.
- Report progress to Programme Management and relevant stakeholders.
- Support and/or lead internal design reviews and present the engineering designs and rationale for key decisions to the customer, end user and Engineering VP.
- Working with the Programme Manager to define and manage key risks, including mitigation strategy, to ensure that the budget and schedule are both maintained.
- Direct, motivate and provide technical leadership to the team.
- Provide key inputs into integration and test planning activities to validate the system design, working with key stakeholders across the team.
Qualifications and Experience – Air Lead Engineer:
- Strong communication and leadership skills, and experience of technically coordinating a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
- Ability to interface and effectively influence and negotiate with internal and external customers/stakeholders at all levels.
- Familiarity with the formal product development lifecycle (through requirements capture, to design, to verification and production) including leading design reviews.
- Understanding of the design and integration of complex electronic and RF systems up to 40GHz (including receive and high power transmit chains) would be an advantage, as would experience of radar and communications systems.
- Experience working in the Aerospace Industry, and familiarity with safety analysis and airworthiness certification.
- You are likely to have a science or engineering degree, supported by significant engineering lifecycle experience.
- Strong decision maker, with strong interpersonal skills, capable of leading a dynamic team
Keywords: Aerospace, Airworthiness, Radar, EW, Electronic Warfare, Design RF Systems, Electronics, Design, Systems Design, 400Hz,
Lead Engineer – (ATS) Aerospace – EW (Electronic Warfare Programme
Salary: £60,000 to £85,000 plus bonus and a variety of benefits, hybrid working
Location: Marlow, Buckinghamshire / hybrid working