Manufacturing Systems Engineer – Aerospace, Mechanical, Defence sector
Our client is a highly successful global aerospace company. Due to expansion of the current Manufacturing team, our client is recruiting for multiple Manufacturing Systems Engineers to be responsible for identifying and introducing alternative and more cost-effective technology and processes to reduce cost and lead time. These roles support the Mechanical Engineering Department and Sub-System IPT’s. The salary for these roles is up to £45,000 depending on experience & current package.
As a Manufacturing Systems Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Manufacturing experience including manufacturing processes/systems and techniques.
- Good knowledge of the aerospace and defence industry.
- New Product Introduction, NPI.
- A methodical approach.
- Experienced in Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement techniques.
- Degree or HNC or equivalent experience in Manufacturing or Production, Systems Engineering.
- Formal apprenticeship in Engineering or Manufacturing
As a Manufacturing Systems Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Helping streamline current internal and external processes to enable production demands to be met more efficiently. Ensures best practices are developed
- Providing expertise/support to the team to minimise performance barriers
- Maintaining a world class capability for the manufacture, assembly and testing of the company’s aerospace products
- Providing process advice and input where needed to internal and external customers such as Engineering, Production and Supply Chain
- Developing new technology and processes
- Establishing supply chain capabilities identifies areas of risk or potential improvement. Assists with new supplier assessments/qualification
- Preparing cost justifications for new technology and equipment
- Reviewing current internal processes and apply lean manufacturing techniques/continuous improvement as a means to eliminate waste
- Supporting the development needs of the manufacturing engineering team to ensure team capability and flexibility meet the departmental and business needs
Keywords: Aerospace, Defence, Manufacturing, Production Engineering, Lean, Continuous Improvement, 3D, CAD/CAM, Investigations, Analysis, Manufacturing Engineer, NPI, New Product Introduction, Six Sigma, Mechanical, Electro Mechanical.
Manufacturing Systems Engineer – Aerospace, Defence sector
Salary: up to £45,000 with a wide range of internal and external training opportunities. The many benefits include flexible working, free onsite parking, subsidised restaurant, pension, share incentive schemes, sports & social club and many other benefits
Location: Wimborne, Dorset