Project Engineer / Senior Systems Engineer / Lead Engineer
Excellent career progression, competitive salary, bonus, flexi time, 12% pension, flexible benefits, 5 weeks holiday, free parking
Our client is a highly successful global aerospace company they are looking for a Project Engineer to lead development projects. You will provide technical direction and decision making in support of project delivery. You will manage internal and external resources to successfully deliver allocated projects, through requirements definition, analysis, design, development and qualification. Further, you will ensure project compliance with internal processes, regulatory and legislative requirements.
As a Project Engineer / Senior Systems Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- A degree in mechanical/aerospace engineering and/or equivalent experience.
- A strong understanding of mechanical or electro-mechanical engineering in the context of aerospace products
- Mechanical Systems Engineering experience (e.g. Fuel systems, Hydraulic Systems Mechanical structures, electro-mechanical systems, loom, cabling
- Varied lifecycle management experience/ V-Model experience
- Worked at Senior Systems or Project Engineer level-supervision of other systems engineers or taken on wider program delivery responsibility
- Experience of NPI/ new product design and development within an Aerospace environment
- An understanding of the operation and maintenance of military aircraft, particularly fast jets & trainer aircraft, would be highly desirable
- An understanding of airworthiness and certification is highly desirable.
- Experience of liaison with customers and suppliers
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Experience of the management of aerospace development projects
- Understanding of the financial management of development projects
- Understanding of systems engineering methods
As a Project Engineer / Senior Systems Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Establish clear requirements baselines prior to commencement of design or change activity.
- Define and lead analyses in support of system design, integration and change assessment.
- Actively contribute to and/or lead defined aspects of the project to achieve optimal balance between requirements, schedule and cost.
- Manage requirements verification throughout project execution to successfully demonstrate compliance for a DDP.
- Estimate resource requirements, plan projects and report progress
- Ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with LCM, SOF-E and other internal processes
- Work with Programme Management to ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with technical, cost and schedule requirements
- Manage technical risks
- Manage customers and external suppliers to ensure compliance with agreed processes and achievement of project objectives
Keywords: Systems Engineering, Lead Engineer, Senior Engineer, Mechanical Systems Engineer, Weapons Carriage Release Systems, Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, NPI, Design, Airworthiness, Military, Fast Jets, Trainer Aircraft, Air to Air refuelling
Project Engineer / Senior Mechanical Systems Engineer
Salary: Competitive with large company benefits including bonus, flexi time
Location: Wimborne, Dorset