Operational Analysis Consultant / Operational Analyst – MOD, Defence
Our client has extensive OR/OA experience applied throughout the capability lifecycle from early-stage concept development to acquisition in all domains. This has included applying soft methods and stakeholder engagement skills to structure problems, conducting historical trends and data analysis to identify trends and support concept development, and simulation modelling and Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis (MCDA) to evaluate options. Much of this analysis has been used to support capability acquisitions including requirements trade-off analysis, operational effectiveness / Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) studies and business case support, including benefits analysis. Their expertise and experience enables them to design and implement analysis and decision support techniques tailored to the client’s specific needs.
Our client is looking for consultants with a range of levels of experience. They are a small but rapidly growing consultancy, owned by highly experienced and recognised practitioners in UK Defence consultancy. They are looking for candidates with a mix of technical expertise and interpersonal skills, able to work independently or in small teams. They are looking for candidates who are able to help the company grow and can offer exciting opportunities for those with the drive to develop their own skills and those of the company. They offer competitive salaries and packages, and the opportunity for rapid advancement for the right candidate
Essential requirements for Operational Analysis Consultant:
Operational Analysis to support business decision making, policy development, and / or research, including both ‘soft’ and ‘hard’ techniques (problem structuring and modelling).
Development and use of analytical methods and models.
Building customer and stakeholder relationships.
Supporting and leading authoring of technical reports and presenting to customers.
Experience working with Defence Digital, DE&S, Dstl, Frontline Commands or UK Defence industry.
Strong background in MS Office, especially Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
Experience in one or more of the following technical disciplines:
- Process and conceptual mapping (e.g. influence diagrams),
- Benefits analysis,
- Simulation (System Dynamics or Discrete Event Simulation),
- Designing and facilitating workshops (including MJPs),
- Historical Analysis,
- Knowledge of data manipulation and analysis languages (VBA, SQL, R, Python),
- Cost Effectiveness Analysis (CEA) and Cost Benefit Analysis (CBA),
- Portfolio, programme and project management (including schedule and risk analysis).
Be willing to travel across UK and comfortable to work away from home for periods of time.
Responsibilities for Operational Analysis Consultant will include:
- Delivering technical consulting projects.
- Building new relationships and maintaining current customer relationships.
- Applying OA methods to tackle real world problems, applying tools and techniques, and developing novel approaches where required.
Expertise Required – Operational Analysis Consultants:
- Consultants: 2+ years’ experience, including delivering qualitative and/or quantitative analysis.
- Senior Consultants: 5+ years’ experience, including delivering analysis programmes and, delivering innovative approaches; and
- Principal Consultants: 10+ years’ experience, with extensive experience of leading analysis, leading teams, delivering innovative approaches and / or winning work.
Candidates will also need to either hold a current SC clearance or be willing and eligible to undergo a Security Clearance check (SC level) upon starting their employment with the company.
Ideally candidates will be educated to a degree level or have relevant experience.
Be a member of an appropriate professional body (e.g. Operational Research Society) and have a desire for further professional development
Keywords: Operational Analysis, Operation Analyst, Defence, MOD, Wargaming, Modelling, Benefit Analysis, Simulation, Historical analysis, VBA, Python, SQL, R Cost Effective Analysis, CAE, Costs Benefits Analysis, CBA, SC Cleared, DV Cleared. Excel, Microsoft Office, Qualitative Analysis, Quantitative Analysis, Analysis, Mathematical Modelling
Operational Analysis Consultant /Operational Analyst – MOD, Defence
Salary: £30,000 to £60,000 depending on level of experience
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire / Bristol / Corsham, Wiltshire