Presales Solutions Engineer
Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire / remote home based
Salary: £55,258.00 to £78,940.00 plus Sales Incentive Plan 25% and many other excellent benefits
Our client is looking for Presales Solutions Engineer to join their business unit, as a Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer/Consultant, you will lead the technical element of the sales process in conjunction with a sales representative and channel partners for the product line, you will be part of a growing and expanding European team who pride themselves on technical excellence. The Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer/Consultant is responsible for the solution recommendation, technical demo, design and architected solutions to meet customer’s needs. As Presales Solutions Engineer You should have experience working in the networking industry in a similar position. Ultimately the Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer/Consultant role would become the natural technical advisor for our clients’ key customers to help them grow with our solutions. Our client is located in Stevenage, Hertfordshire but this role can be home based.
Assigned territories: United Kingdom + Northern European countries.
Presales Solutions Engineer duties and responsibilities will include:
- Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and existing customers to understand product and service requirements.
- Create customized report and documentation.
- Help your sales representative to qualify prospect and customers technical needs.
- Analyse clients' networks and needs in order to design and size the optimum solutions.
- Conduct presentations on product benefits and technical attributes with outstanding ability and skills to conduct demonstrations based around the identified need.
- Gain customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operational improvements.
- Deliver product training to end users and partners.
Presales Solutions Engineer Skills Profile
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Telecommunication, Communication or equivalent.
- Proven hands on technical and sales experience in the networking industry.
- Good knowledge on NPM/APM, packet broker, DEM products and related market.
- Awareness of latest technology related to product and business.
- Detailed knowledge of IP networks and design (Legacy, Virtual/SDN, SDWAN, Cloud based…)
- Experience in the Finance, Banking and Insurance markets would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to explain technical aspects to both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel when necessary and permitted
- Ideally located in the UK
- Additional languages may be beneficial
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Tight relation with sales representative and with technology resellers.
- Be curious, take initiatives, be able to work independently, have the desire to learn and discover.
Presales Solutions Engineer