Project Controller (Scheduler)
Our client is a successful professional services and technology partner to global, defence, energy, space and intelligence & communications programmes.
As a ‘Project Controls’ Consultant, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining a robust Project/Programme schedule as part of the Performance Measurement Baseline and providing accurate and value-added Earned Value Management (EVM) analysis.
Responsibilities for the Project Controller will include:
- Develop and maintain quality multi-level and integrated Microsoft Project /P6 schedules in a Project Server environment that can be used for robust Earned Value Management reporting.
- Supporting the Project/Programme Manager to develop and maintain the Work Breakdown Structure with associated cost/time codes.
- Advising and developing Work Package/Control Account Rules of Credit for the purposes of Earned Value Management.
- Developing schedule basis of estimates.
- Supporting Project/Programme Management in development and maintenance of Management Plans (Project, Quality, etc.).
- Developing schedule management plans.
- Obtaining buy-in to schedules and work packages from project teams.
- Supporting Project/Programme/Control Account Manager’s decision-making through expert schedule analysis such as Critical Path Analysis, What-If analysis, Schedule Risk Analysis, Float burndown analysis.
- Liaising with Cost and Risk managers to provide an integrated and holistic project controls perspective.
- Liaise with sub-contractors to develop integrated schedules and track sub-contractor performance against a Performance Measurement Baseline.
- Manage the schedule and planning artefacts in accordance with business Change control procedures.
- Co-ordinate embodiment of change, ensuring appropriate integration into plans and schedules and provide impact analysis of contract/project change
- Resource loading, planning and monitoring.
- Assist PM with regular project status reporting and review meetings.
- Identify improvements to process, procedures, tools and techniques for planning, reporting and project controls.
- Good knowledge of planning and scheduling methods for controlling projects in a highly regulated environment.
- Good knowledge of planning and reporting tools (for example. EPM2010, P6, BI Analytics etc.).
- Knowledge of Earned Value Management.
- Proven ability to produce and maintain level 3/4 project schedules including management of deliverables and dependencies between projects.
- Skilled in designing schedules to allow effective roll-up to higher levels with reporting of key milestones and critical path analysis.
- Demonstrable experience in project reporting and work package management.
- Adequate IT skills covering all Microsoft Office tools, with advanced ability with MS Excel for data analysis.
- Organised and structured approach with the ability to manage own time effectively while operating across multiple projects and for multiple project managers.
- Ability to work both as an individual and as part of a team.
- A Technical, Engineering or Business degree.
- Ability to achieve Security clearance to SC level.
Preferred but not essential:
- Association of Project Management (APM) Project Fundamentals qualification (PFQ) or equivalent.
- Experience as a Project Controls consultant in MOD, business and safety programmes or public sector project environment.
- Good stakeholder management skills.
Keywords: Project Controller, Risk Management, Scheduling, EVM, mS Project, P6, Primavera, Earned value Management, EPM2010, P6, Analytics, APM
Project Controller (Scheduler)
Salary: to £40,000 plus benefits including 25 days holiday, pension
Location: Bristol / Fareham, Hampshire / Wincanton, Somerset