Project Manager – Aftermarket Support Packages – Aerospace/Defence Sector
Our client is a highly successful aerospace/defence company, they have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager – Aftermarket Support Solutions.
They are looking for an experienced Project Manager already working in the Aftermarket area, it is essential candidates are used to managing high value projects, preferably in the defence /aerospace sector, candidates from other sectors such as marine, automotive, high tech manufacturing industries will also be considered. You will need to have excellent communication & interpersonal skills, you will be used to finding aftermarket support solutions for customers and have the ability to look for solutions outside of the traditional aftermarket offerings, you will be able to take a corporate and global view. You will have demonstrable PPM experience & techniques. You will need to have strong knowledge of the functional disciplines and supply chain that require management
The purpose of the role of Project Manager – Aftermarket Support:
You will be responsible for reviewing the company’s existing aftermarket products & solutions, identifying improvement initiatives as well as preparing the associated business cases for internal approval. Liaising with customers to understand how post-delivery support can be enhanced to provide the best customer service. Delivering the products, services & training solutions in line with the approved business case the agreed scope and benefits to quality, time and cost parameters. Responsible for leading bids and proposals to secure future opportunities with existing and new Customers.
As a Project Manager – Aftermarket Support Solutions, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Degree plus at least 5 years’ experience working in project teams or 10 years’ experience in the functional areas
- Qualified to deliver Cat 2 projects (medium exposure and risk opportunity & measurable benefits of importance to part of organisation) moving to Cat 1 (major scale risk exposure & strategic important and benefits)
- Experience of implementing a change in support philosophy & driving these changes into the organisation.
- Managing Cat 3 projects (Low risk with measurable benefits & tactical in nature) of the same or similar functions and technology, with proven delivery track record,
- Strong knowledge of the functional disciplines and supply chain that require management.
- Knowledge and demonstrable experience of PPM techniques
- Ability to look at solutions outside of the traditional aftermarket offerings.
- Focussed on customers’ needs with the ability to drive the change through to reality.
- Advanced leadership skills
- Goal orientation balancing task, team and individual needs to achieve the right outcomes
- Advanced interpersonal skills (communication, motivation, persuasion).
- Drive, enthusiasm, initiative and a willingness to develop
- Methodical and organised
- Good facilitator/mediator able to resolve conflict.
- Able to take corporate or ‘global’ view
- Commercially and contractually aware.
- Demonstrable PPM competences based on the PPM Level needed
- Further competencies will be provided via the competency matrix and linked to the relevant job level.
Keywords: Project Manager, Aftermarket, Defence, Aerospace, PPM, Project Management, High Value Projects, Marine, Defence, Automotive, Manufacturing, Aftersales, After Sales, Post Sales
Project Manager – Aftermarket Support Packages – Aerospace/Defence sector
Salary: very competitive, plus bonus, 9-day fortnight, 25 days holiday, medical, income protection, lifer assurance, excellent pension and many optional benefits
Location: Wimborne, Dorset (our client is able to offer flexible working arrangements, such as working remotely with attendance on site on an agreed basis as required)