Project Manager – MOD, Defence
Salary: Negotiable with 25 days holiday, plus pension, life assurance & other benefits
Location: Corsham, Wiltshire / hybrid working, home, office and client sites across the South West
Our client is a successful management consultancy providing technical expertise to projects in the Ministry of Defence. They also have experience working in the nuclear, defence, space, and transport sectors in the UK. Our client is a member of several Government frameworks for the delivery of analysis and systems engineering and delivers innovative solutions as an agile organisation built on the expertise of experienced practitioners.
They are currently looking for experienced Project Managers with an MOD, defence background.
In this role, you will join a small high-performing team as Project Manager delivering a very large defence Digital projects. This is a highly complex project in the delivery phase, and your role will be to ensure that it continues to deliver to full operating capability and be responsible for decommissioning in support of major Defence capabilities. While you will have clearly defined responsibilities, the agile nature of the project provides scope for learning and growing as a project manager as the project progresses towards and beyond Full Operating Capability. Additionally, you will be developing and delivering assurance activities across a wider programme, supporting key capabilities which are at the very heart of Defence. These activities range from reviewing LFE to set up governance, security, financial arrangements to direct monitoring of capability outputs from across Defence.
- Project Management – Day to day management and input to all programme outputs.
- Stakeholder Management – Identify, record, and manage key stakeholders and develop effective relationships.
- Contract Management – Oversee contracts ensuring quality of delivery against the requirements.
- Schedule Management – Create, maintain, and update the schedule.
- Risks & Issues – Identify and monitor project risks and issues. Develop mitigating actions and escalate as appropriate.
- Verification and Validation – Oversee test programme to independently check that a product, service, or system meets requirements and specifications and that it fulfils its intended purpose.
- Conduct assurance activities across the programme.
- Governance – Provide key reports and support effective governance and decision making.
- Business Case – Write business cases for approval.
- Configuration management – Set, control, and ensure effective configuration and change control is applied to all documentation and records.
- Experience in project management and project control within an MOD/Defence environment
- It would be desirable if you had project management qualifications. Ideally you should hold either APM Project Fundamentals, APM Project Management Qualification or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Good IT literacy, solid working knowledge of PowerPoint and MS Word
- Very proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Familiar with risk management, risk mitigation
- Happy to travel to client sites across the South West
Due to security and information access restriction, the role is only open to a sole BRITISH national. Current SC or DV clearance is also highly desirable.
Keywords: Digital Projects, Project Manager, Project Management, APM, PowerPoint, Microsoft Excel, Advanced Excel, Risk Mitigation, Risk Management, Defence, MOD,
Project Manager – MOD, Defence