Salary: £50,000 to £70,000 plus benefits
Winchester location / this is a hybrid role
Our client has an exciting opportunity to join their growing management consultancy, they have an enviable reputation and senior level client base.
The Opportunity – Digital Project Manager
Our client is looking for a positive, flexible and ambitious self-starter to join their team as a Digital Project Manager. This is an exciting opportunity taking a leading role in the delivery of their Digital Solutions capability and develop your career as an integral part of a small, agile and growing business.
Software, data analysis and business intelligence are a significant, and growing, part of the Company’s value proposition. Today, they deliver these digital services to their clients with a blend of in-house technical analysts and specialist external partners. The successful candidate will manage the delivery of digital projects, working closely with our internal team, their partners and clients.
As Digital Project Manager your role will include:
- Ensuring delivering of projects to time, quality, and budget
- Developing strong relationships with the wider team
- Engaging with client stakeholders at all levels, including Senior sponsors, Product Owners, Product Managers, Users and the Delivery Team.
- Managing mixed teams, including clients, associates, and sub-contractors
- Monitoring project costs against budgets and plans, and reporting progress
- Managing competing priorities, project scope and project risks
- Supporting requirements definition and solution design
- Establishing best practice processes
- Contributing to development and improvement of the Company’s Digital Solutions offer
Main clients will be based around key UK Defence establishments in the south of England.
The following experience is required for the role of Digital Project Manager:
- Successfully managing digital project delivery, to time, quality and cost.
- Using project management approaches suitable for software delivery, such as Scrum, Agile, DevOps etc.
- Experience with Microsoft 365, SharePoint and Power Platform applications, in particular Power BI and Power Apps.
- The following knowledge and experience are highly desirable:
- Working within the UK government sector, particularly the Ministry of Defence
- Understanding the data and systems landscape in the MoD
- Engaging with, and informing, senior stakeholders
- Leading and managing technical teams
- Awareness of current software development approaches, platforms and best practice.
- Tooling supporting software delivery, such as Jira or Azure DevOps
Recent UK Defence Security Clearance (SC) would be of interest but is not essential.
About You - The Digital Project Manager
We believe the following skills would help you excel in this role:
- A self-starter and team player.
- Excellent communication skills, enabling you to work confidently with team members and clients.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise your work.
- Attention to detail and the drive to see work through to completion.
- Motivated by the opportunity of working within a growing business.
- Interested in technology, business analysis and problem solving.
- A positive and flexible approach to your work
About the Company
Our client is a successful Strategy Consultancy, and are experts in strategy, decision-making tools, and methodologies, change management, portfolio prioritisation and delivery, understanding data and engaging people. They use this expertise to create, implement and embed processes, tools, governance, and structures that deliver results. They have a very strong track record in UK MOD and government.
They value their people and believe in building each individual’s capabilities and strengths, to help them reach their full potential. They are an employee-owned business that is inclusive and values diversity.
Keywords: Project Manager, Defence, MOD, Microsoft 365, SharePoint, Power Platform, Power BI, Power Apps, Data Analysis, Jira, Azure, DevOps, Agile, Scrum, Project Management, Digital Project Manager
Digital Project Manager