Our client is looking for a Junior Quality Engineer / Quality Engineer to be responsible for Quality Management System compliance and ensuring delivery of conforming product to end Customer. This position would suit either a new Graduate looking for their first step in Quality Engineering, or an experienced Engineer looking for an opportunity to move into Quality. This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Junior Quality Engineer / Quality Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Engineering Degree level qualified would be highly desirable.
- Prior experience working in an Engineering organisation would be highly desirable.
- A demonstrable interest and understanding of Quality Engineering, through work or study.
- A strong desire to learn and develop a career within Quality.
As a Junior Quality Engineer / Quality Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Generation and implementation of Quality plans to meet Customer requirements
- Completion of required First Article Inspections (AS9102) and ensure smooth transition of new products into production
- Drive product and process non-conformance investigations and associated root cause analysis activities including concession management
- Manage and host Customer audits and source inspection activities
- Ensure inspection process adherence and associated physical and document sign-off of product prior to despatch.
- Manage Quality escapes and Customer investigations.
- Quality metrics tracking to meet set targets and implementation of Quality improvement initiatives
Keywords: Quality, AS9102, Inspection, Audits, Engineering
Location: Wimborne, Dorset
Salary: highly competitive with excellent benefits