Salary: £30,000 to £45,000
Location: Knutsford, Cheshire
Our client is a successful Cyber Security software house that currently employs over 125 people and is looking to recruit a Culture Collaborator / Recruitment Administrator. Working as part of a team you would be responsible for recruitment, employee engagement and wellbeing of the workplace. You will actively support the hands-on delivery of our client’s people processes, Dealing with customers, candidates and recruitment agencies. Gathering feedback on processes and working to improve them. The successful candidate should be Degree qualified or equivalent and have some HR / Recruitment, experience. Ideally you would have a background within Recruitment, HR, PA or Executive Assistant (EA), Office Manager or Facilities Coordinator. You should be confident within recruitment processes and Data Analysis: using, processing and understanding data (i.e. Excel / Google Sheets). This role is an in-house role located in Knutsford, Cheshire and is paying a salary of £30,000 to £45,000 plus excellent benefits including subsidised restaurant and onsite gym. PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS AN IN-HOUSE ROLE, NO REMOTE WORKING.
Role will consist of:
- Coordination of our client’s recruitment process and delivery of a first-class candidate experience.
- You will be expected to engage with all candidates promptly and accurately - responding to their questions, booking interviews, coordinating online assessments, making sure candidates have all the information they need, being a friendly contact
- Effectively manage our clients relationships with external recruitment agencies.
- Pre-screen and interview candidates.
- Collect and provide effective, constructive feedback to candidates and agencies, as well as candidate experience feedback.
- Work with teams across the business to develop effective job descriptions and assessment
- Creatively marketing our clients roles on various social media platforms.
- Proactively identifying opportunities to implement best practice and continuously improve our recruitment processes.
- Recruitment events and open days for agents and potential candidates.
- Analysing and understanding data using spreadsheets
- Assist with arranging Large-scale events, Quarterly lunches & evening socials for all teams, Celebratory events (e.g. to recognise major achievements across the business).
- Providing support - you will be a central point of contact for onboarding and Provide well-being & mental health support.
Essential skills for the role
- An excellent communicator, in both written and oral form.
- Pride in work, a high level of care and attention to detail
- Ability to work on several tasks and projects in parallel, handle interactions with numerous stakeholders, keep to deadlines, and flexibly adapt your
- priorities as new important or urgent tasks appear.
- Ability to work closely and build strong relationships with others in the immediate team, as well as wider organisation
- Technical competency. Able to quickly gain proficiency with a wide variety of business support platforms and other technical solutions. Able to identify and help implement new tools to drive efficiency in our clients processes.
- Data analysis. As a data driven organisation, we use data to steer our decision making process. You will be confident using, processing and understanding data (i.e. Excel / Google Sheets)
- Knowledge of Agile principles and methodologies would be advantageous
- Data analysis. You will be competent in analysing and communicating data outcomes to gain insights, using various tools (i.e. Advanced Excel / Google Sheets, Survey tools, PowerBI etc...)