Senior Analytical Consultant – Defence sector
Our client is a successful technical consultancy providing professional services and are a technology partner to global, defence, energy, space and intelligence & communications companies.
As an Analytical Consultant, you will be providing the evidence to help the MOD/Government to make better decisions. This may be research studies to analyse new concepts and approaches, working in customer teams to support procurement decisions or supporting workshops with customers and stakeholders to improve polices and planning.
Our client’s recent successes within UK MOD mean that the company’s Operational Analysis team are looking for consultants who can help them grow and deliver the business. They are interested in people who engage customers technically and personally, with the ability to provide analytical insight.
Responsibilities for the Senior Analytical Consultant will include:
- Delivering technical consulting projects.
- Identifying and winning work within the MOD/Defence sector.
- Developing and using a variety of analytical tools and techniques
- Writing reports and presenting to customers
- Building new relationships and maintaining the relationships they have with their current customers.
- Using and developing problem structuring methods and a variety of tools and techniques, including novel approaches where required.
- Working organically in customer teams or using one of the company’s offices as a team hub from which to plan and deliver tasks
Senior/ Principal Consultants: 8+ years’ experience, with extensive experience of leading analysis, leading teams, delivering innovative approaches and / or winning work.
Essential requirements for Senior Analytical Consultant:
- Operational Analysis to support business decision making, policy development, and / or research, including both ‘soft’ and ‘hard’ techniques (problem structuring and modelling). Structuring information, drawing conclusions and making recommendations.
- Experience of report writing and presenting
- Development and use of analytical methods and models.
- Building customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Supporting and leading authoring of technical reports and presenting to customers. Reporting appropriately for the audience: summarising complex information for high-level stakeholders and writing detailed reports to transfer knowledge and context with the customer.
- Experience working with UK MOD (DE&S, Dstl and the Frontline Commands or consulting within the UK Defence industry)
- Strong background in MS Office, especially Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Experience in one or more of the following technical disciplines:
Process and conceptual mapping (e.g. influence diagrams),
Simulation (System Dynamics or Discrete Event Simulation),
Designing and facilitating workshops,
Knowledge of data manipulation and analysis languages (VBA, SQL, R, Python),
Portfolio, programme and project management (schedule and risk analysis, benefits realization, evidence management).
- Be willing to travel across UK and comfortable to work away from main sites for periods of time.
- Identifying and bidding for future work.
- Leading diverse analytical teams of in-house and external experts and advising other consultants and supporting when required on projects.
- Understanding of the military operational environment and MOD management structures.
- Strong knowledge of MOD approvals, the MOD acquisition cycle and Defence Lines of Development.
Senior Analytical Consultant – Defence
Salary: £40,000 to £60,000 negotiable, plus 25 days holiday and pension
Location: Fareham, Hampshire and Bristol