Senior Configuration Engineer – Aerospace, Defence
Our client is a highly successful global aerospace company, they have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Configuration Specialist / Engineer to join the team at Wimborne.
They are looking for an experienced Configuration Design Engineer from either the Aerospace Marine, Defence or Military sector. They require a strong Configuration background and be used to a very busy rapidly changing environment.
As a Senior Configuration Specialist / Configuration Design Engineer, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Progress Design Configuration elements of a project in order to help ensure a compliant design solution. Create project DEVADCL, ADCL’s. Monitor design and build standards to ensure configuration control.
- Monitor and approve NCR’s, Stop Notes and drawing release paperwork.
- Provide functional guidance on Configuration to the Project Teams (IPTs)
- Support Engineering, QA, Manufacturing and Supply Chain with controlled document distribution and change implementation. Inc. NCR and Stop note approvals.
- Support FCA/PCA Customer audits.
- Ensure compliance of drawings to FRL configuration control processes.
- Communicate Configuration Management decisions across all Engineering Departments throughout the Organisation and help develop inter departmental CM methodologies
As a Senior Configuration Specialist / Engineer, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- HNC or Equivalent in Mechanical / Aeronautical Engineering and Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship preferred.
- Experience with Pro-E Creo an advantage.
- Conversant with Microsoft Office applications.
- Smart Team experience an advantage.
- Experience of Drawing Office Practices, Procedures, and checking of engineering drawings.
- Good knowledge and experience in Aerospace Configuration Management (e.g. Mil-Std-973 DEFSTAN 05-57 ISO 9000:2000)
Keywords: Configuration, Design, Aerospace, Defence, Marine, MOD, Military, Change, Process Control, NCR’s, Stop Notes, Drawing Release Paperwork, FCA, PCA Customer Audits, Configuration Management, Pro-E, Creo Pro Engineer, Aerospace Configuration Management, MIL-Std 973, DEF STAN 05-57, IO 9000-2000, Mechanical, Apprentice , FRL Configuration Control Processes Build Standards, DEVADCL, ADCL’s, Smart Team
Configuration Design Engineer / Senior Configuration Engineer – Aerospace, Defence
Salary: Competitive plus bonus, 25 days holiday, flexi time, medical, pension and numerous other benefits
Location: Wimborne, Dorset