Senior Electrical Engineer
Our client located in Fleet, Hampshire are looking for a commercially minded Senior Electrical Engineer with design experience in an industrial environment. The successful candidate would ideally be a Chartered Electrical Engineer or working towards.
As part of our clients integrated services, as Senior Electrical Engineer you will be working on complex industrial sites, designing, and delivering electrical projects with large scale manufacturing clients globally. A significant volume of this work will be integrating the latest new technology for low and zero carbon solutions into these established facilities.
This is a design and management role, and the work will require significant engineering design, reporting and technical presentation skills.
The ideal applicant will have experience in designing electrical systems for process manufacturing environments including medium & low voltage distribution, motor control centres, control panels and integrating onsite generation technologies such as CHP, Batteries and Renewables.
Senior Electrical Engineer Essential Skills and interests:
- Experience in designing solutions - Ability to design, plan and deliver projects from 33kV through to 400V – ideally using Amtech where appropriate.
- Ability to undertake protection studies, arc Flash and discrimination studies.
- Knowledge of grid connection regulations including G99 and G100 in the UK
- Project management – scope, time and cost management of full cycle of projects
- Knowledge of industrial power systems and regulations
- Energy metering including power quality, harmonic filtering, and power factor correction.
- Previous high-quality preparation of technical documents including writing and producing presentations and reports.
- Knowledge of and proven appreciation/passion for energy saving strategies.
- Industrial Instrumentation including but not limited to flow, temperature, and pressure.
- Solutions oriented with a flexible 'can-do' approach to work.
- Keen to broaden, update and acquire new skills.
- Knowledge of PLC and control systems would be an advantage.
- Qualifications and Additional Requirements:
- City and Guilds 2382-15 18th Edition
- Minimum of HNC in electrical engineering
- Resident in the UK
- Current driving licence and access to a car
Our client is an innovative, fast growing process and engineering consultancy, specialising in utilities and process engineering projects. They deliver consultancy, engineering design and project delivery services. Their customers range from large blue-chip companies to SME’s in the UK and overseas. They work with the latest technologies and ground-breaking designs to bring sustainable utilities and process solutions to their customers.
Keywords: Electrical, Design, Process Engineering, Utilities, CHP, Batteries, Renewables , 33kV, 400V, Amtech, G99, G100, Energy Metering, Power Quality, Harmonic Filtering, Power Factor Correction, PLC, Control systems
Senior Electrical Engineer
Location: Fleet, Hampshire
Salary: £38,000 to £45,000