Senior Product Manager
Our client is looking for a Senior Product Manager you must have telecommunications and Cloud experience. Our client is located in Stevenage but the successful candidate can be based anywhere in the UK or Ireland.
Senior Product Manager Duties & Responsibilities:
- Product management of products, features, technologies of our clients 4G/5G network test solutions portfolio.
- Generation of product requirements specifications, technical requirements and business case development, as well as developing product / market positioning strategies and product pricing
- New product development planning including tracking market trends, identify business opportunities and competitor landscape
- Working in collaboration with engineering product owners to develop detailed technical specifications in an agile development process
- Negotiate / arbitrate between customer / sales side and engineering over feature scope and delivery schedules
- Generation of material such as roadmaps and product feature slides for publication to sales and customers
- Contributing to new product launch and introduction activities. Including input to collateral and launch plans in association with Marcoms and Applications Engineers
Senior Product Manager Candidate requirements:
- The successful candidate should Hold an Engineering Batchelor’s Degree in Electronics or Telecommunications or equivalent and have a strong technical background, with a wide knowledge of Protocols
- Confident, self-starter, able to negotiate product requirements effectively between customer side and engineering
- Good presentation and communication skill (verbal and written) essential
- Customer facing experience
- Previous experience within an Engineering (research, development or field application engineers), product management or technical marketing.
- Business case and competitive analysis
- Strong technical background in the mobile comms industry, primary 4G and 5G RAN.
- Good understanding telecoms network, topology services, UE/network Protocol stack (L1 to L7)
- Experience with cloud networking techniques such as AWS/GCP VPCs, IP address allocation, networking drivers and security restrictions is important
- Strong grasp of cloud infrastructure/computing Technologies such as Virtual Machines, Docker, LXC & Kubernetes on Hypervisors such as ESXi/KVM
- Managing products in AWS, GCP and Azure Clouds and working knowledge cloud native technologies such as microservices key. GKE, AKS, EKS and/or Openshift. (GCP Anthos is a plus)
Senior Product Manager would be an advantage:
- Knowledge of disaggregation, O-RAN FH and F1, transport and synchronization an advantage
- Knowledge of RF and Network Test & Measurement
- Knowledge of networking such as Openvswitch, DHCP, L3 routing between Nodes & PODs. Understanding of VM bypass techniques & I/O technologies such as DPIO, DPDK, SR-IOV
- UX/UI and Automation skills e.g. Python, Jenkins/Robot.
- Experience of onboarding and orchestration of VNFs on Redhat Openstack via Ansible, Neutron and/or Heat Templates
Keywords: Senior Product Manager, Cloud, 4G, 5G, RAN, Engineering, Electronics, Telecomms, Protocols
Senior Product Manager
Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire / can be remote working
Salary: very competitive