Senior Software Engineer Consultant / Software Engineer - C++, C# .NET
Our client is a highly successful technical consultancy.
They require a Senior Software Engineer /Consultant to work across complex software engineering projects. You must have extensive experience working on real-time embedded or PC based applications. The Software Engineering team is expanding and have a couple fantastic opportunities available for talented people.
Our client is seeking candidates with safety/task/business critical applications experience to join their small but growing Software Engineering team based in Wincanton. They are looking for creative productive software engineers that can work across the entire software development lifecycle, to see projects through from concept to conclusion.
This Senior Software Consultant position sits within their Consulting side of the business which works in partnership with the defence sector, national government bodies, international institutions and global prime contractors across multiple disciplines including, systems/software/safety engineering, programme delivery and support.
As a Senior Software Consultant, you will advise others on best practice, help their clients deliver challenging solutions (including the achievement of technical excellence and standards conformance). You will also work with their in-house team on a wide variety of software solutions across a number of sectors. This role goes beyond the productive development of high-quality maintainable code; you will be also supporting others deliver complex programmes by sharing your knowledge through consultancy / advisory tasks. You will be comfortable working as part of a delivery team working at client sites, as well as delivering small projects as an individual. Part of this role will involve creating scopes for new projects, forming outline solution designs, estimating and assessing the viability of software solutions.
Qualifications & Experience Principal Software Engineer/Software Consultant:
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Maths, Physics, Electronics, Physics related subject
- Extensive experience in software development, real-time embedded or application development in a commercial / defence environment.
- You will be familiar with the wider software lifecycle and have had experience working with requirements, design and test development.
- You will have experience of more than one programming language (e.g., C++, C#, Python). Ideally you will have recent experience of Windows based .NET development and knowledge of different software engineering approaches, supporting toolsets, and methodologies.
- You will be a great communicator and have experience of technical report writing and have had responsibility to lead some of the documentation that sits around a high-integrity software solution. You will need to be a team player, who has an inquisitive nature.
- Ideally, you have a background in agile software development and an interest in developing your areas of expertise further.
This is an opportunity to join an organisation that is growing and would like to assist you in developing your career with them. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a forward thinking, expanding team, who are working on sharing innovative technical solutions for their clients.
Keywords: Software Engineer, Software Developer, Senior Software Engineer, Principal Software Engineer, Software Consultant, Real-time, Embedded, PC based applications, Defence, Nuclear, Government, C++, C#, Python, .Net, DotNet, Windows, .Net Development, Technical Report Writing, Software Solutions, Real-time Embedded, software engineering
Senior / Principal Software Consultant / Software Engineer - C++, C# .NET
Salary: very competitive plus, 25 days’ holiday, Bonus, Pension, Life Cover, Private Medical
Location: Wincanton, Somerset / hybrid working - a mix of office, home and client sites