Senior Software Engineer / Systems Engineering Consultant – Real Time embedded software for safety critical and/or mission critical applications.
Our client is a highly successful Technical Consultancy, due to continued expansion they have a great opportunity for a Senior Software / Systems Engineering Consultant to join their friendly software / systems engineering team, which works to support the successful delivery of a wide variety of complex solutions across a number of sectors including defence. The successful candidate will spend time supporting their clients to deliver, develop, procure and validate complex systems with a high proportion of software. Location: home based with travel to work on customer sites mainly across the South West
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical advice to ensure solutions are developed in accordance with requirement and commercial constraints.
- Supporting positive customer-satisfaction through ensuring that customer technical needs are both understood and delivered
- Reviewing and advising on technical software / system requirements
- Supporting the production of technical reports and proposals
- Implementation of Real-Time embedded software for safety critical and/or mission critical applications
- Implementation of Desktop / Web .NET solutions
- Able to work as part of an Agile team, supporting colleagues and accepting support from others.
- Working across the full software development lifecycle, including the production of artefacts to evidence adherence to a quality-controlled process.
- Either working on customer sites (predominately in the South West of England or at their offices in Wincanton, Somerset or Fareham, Hants
Essential requirements - Senior Software Engineer / Systems Engineering Consultant:
- Have strong mathematical and software engineering mind-set
- Proven experience in delivering a wide variety of software solutions as part of complex systems.
- Outstanding oral and written technical reporting / communication skills (MS Office), comfortable engaging with customers / stakeholders
- Experience of working with industry standards. E.g. those associated with Software quality and safety.
- Proficient at writing SMART System / Software Requirements
- Proficient and efficient at writing code that is understandable by others and testable
- Able to work and collaborate as part of a larger team
- Proven problem solver
- Have solid software experience
- Experience in supporting other engineers to build their skills
- Believer in the Agile processes that promote regular feedback, evolution of features and continuous testing.
- Comfortable with working on Defence projects
- Hold a UK SC clearance, or be able to obtain clearance to work on defence-based projects.
The following skills are preferred:
- 5+ years of experience of Real-Time software.
- Experience of MISRA C++
- Experience of software that executes on both PC and non-PC hardware
- 5+ years of other software technologies e.g. C#, WPF (XAML)
- Experience of data storage / exchange technologies and protocols
- Experience of configuration management and requirements management (and associated tools).
- Experience of software design, e.g. UML
- Able to contribute towards process improvement initiatives.
- Hold an HND or Degree preferably one of: Computer Science, Electronics, Maths, Physics, or similar
- Flexible and able to support long stints on customers sites (across the South West) as part of a blended team.
Keywords: Real Time, Embedded Systems, Safety Critical, Software Engineer, Systems Engineering, Defence, Agile, Web.Net, SMART System, Agile, SC Clearance, C++, MISRA C++, C#, WPF, XAML, Data Storage, Exchange Technologies and Protocols, Configuration Management, Requirements Management, DOORS, UML. Real Time Software
Senior Software Engineer / Systems Engineering Consultant
Location: Wincanton, Somerset
Salary: £40,000 to £50,000 negotiable plus benefits