Senior Software Engineer
Our client is a successful professional services and technology partner to global, defence, energy, space and intelligence & communications programmes.
Due to continued expansion of the business, our client has a great opportunity for a Software Engineer to join their friendly software / systems engineering team, which works to deliver a wide variety of solutions across a number of sectors. The successful candidate will be part of a wider team ensuring the successful delivery of technically challenging software solutions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Taking “ownership” of key-functional areas of a project, and as part of a team, see the solution successfully evolve from concept to verified and validated solution.
- Supporting positive customer-satisfaction through ensuring that customer technical needs are both understood and delivered.
- Definition of System and Software Requirements.
- Implementation of Real-Time embedded software for safety critical and/or mission critical applications.
- Implementation of Desktop / Web .NET solutions.
- Able to work as part of an Agile team, supporting colleagues and accepting support from others.
- Supporting the production of technical reports and proposals.
- Working across the full software development lifecycle, including the production of artefacts to evidence adherence to a quality-controlled process.
- Prepared to visit / work on customer sites when necessary.
Senior Software Engineer Essential Requirements:
- Have strong mathematical and software engineering mind-set.
- Proficient at writing SMART System / Software Requirements.
- Proficient and efficient at writing code that is understandable by others and testable.
- Able to work and collaborate as part of a larger team.
- Good oral and written communication skills (MS Office), comfortable engaging with customers / stakeholders.
- Proven problem solver.
- Have 5 (or ideally more) years prior software experience.
- Experience in supporting other engineers to build their skills.
- Believer in the Agile processes that promote regular feedback, evolution of features and continuous testing.
- Comfortable with working on Defence projects.
Preferred but not essential:
- 5+ years of experience of C++ / C for embedded platforms. Experience of MISRA C++.
- Experience of software that executes on both PC and non-PC hardware.
- 5+ years of C# experience of working with the WPF (XAML)
- Experience of XML, XSD, XSLTs or other data capture and manipulation technologies.
- Experience of configuration management and requirements management (and associated tools).
- Experience of software design, e.g. UML.
- Experience of automated unit-testing and automated system testing.
- Able to contribute towards process improvement initiatives.
- Hold an HND or Degree preferably one of: Computer Science, Electronics, Maths, Physics, or similar.
- Flexible and able to support long stints on customers sites (across the South West) as part of a blended team.
Candidates will need to have current SC Clearance or able to obtain this.
Senior Software Engineer
Salary: to £40,000 plus 25 days holiday, pension and other benefits
Location: Wincanton, Somerset