Setter Operator (CNC Turning)
Location: Camberley, Surrey
Salary: £14 to £20 per hour plus 1/3 shift uplift
CNC Turner - Nightshift: 46 hour week Monday to Thursday, 17.00 to 5.00am
You will be required to perform setting and operating duties in the CNC Turning section machining components from a range of materials. The machine controls are mostly either Mazak or Fanuc. We have two Turn/Mill Lathes one of which has a Y axis and sub-spindle. There is also a Mazak J200 Integrex Mill/Turn in the section.
Mainly you will be working prepared process and tooling sheets with pre-created programmes. However, you may need to utilise your machine-side editing skills. Some knowledge of conversational systems (Mazatrol/Hurco) would be advantageous. You will need to understand materials and machining techniques and be able to demonstrate an ability to plan and execute jobs under pressure. Although not essential a recognisable apprenticeship plus significant post-training industrial experience will be the greatest indicator of your abilities in these areas.
- Setting and operating CNC Turning centres.
- Occasional editing of programmes.
- Use of conversational systems like Mazatrol and Hurco (training available).
- Ensuring that programmes are working effectively.
- Observing the Company’s health and safety rules.
- General duties as required conducive to efficient running of the section.
- CNC setting and operating experience – 2 – Axis Turning Centres.
- Knowledge of CNC programs (Fanuc as well as some Mazatrol or conversational)
- Accomplished setting and proving skills.
- Able to understand engineering drawings.
- Good knowledge of materials, speeds, feeds cutters etc.
- Able to use measuring instruments – micrometers, verniers etc.
- Able to work to a high degree of complexity and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritise.
- Familiarity with aerospace quality systems.
- Familiar with mill/turn machines, Y-Axis and/or sub-spindle.