Our client is a successful technical consultancy delivering cost effective solutions to a wide variety of clients including UK Defence, Maritime, Energy, Transport, MOD and Network Rail
They currently have two new vacancies for C++ Developers based at their Fareham offices
Our client is looking to further develop their Maritime Autonomous Navigation System. their work now seeks to enhance and extend the system for surface vessels, as well as moving it out of maritime and into other domains (land, air, subsurface).
They currently seek two Software Developers to join our small and expanding Technology & Innovation (T&I) team, primarily to deliver this project but also to work on other similar software focused projects.
Our client is a growing company and offer sensible flexibility in a friendly environment. The roles will be based in their Fareham office, with occasional travel to other sites in the UK, notably to Turnchapel Wharf in Plymouth for sea trials.
They are looking for flexible innovative thinkers who can influence our technical direction.
- Strong Experience in C/C++
- Strong skills in debugging and problem solving
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in a relevant subject area
- Experience of agent-based systems, optimisation modelling and/or GIS systems would be welcome
- Experience of Agile Software development methodologies
- Experience of version control and issue management techniques – they use Source Tree and Jira
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- A team player who is also self-motivated
Due to the nature of this position, you will either hold or be eligible to achieve SC clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years.