Software Engineer - Modelling and Simulation, C, C++, Unreal Engine
Location: Portsmouth, Hampshire / Hybrid Role
Salary: £40,000 to £70,000 negotiable depending on level of experience, plus excellent benefits
Our client is a successful consultancy providing digital technology expertise to projects in the Ministry of Defence, they are looking for a couple of additional innovative software engineers at a senior level.
Job role for the Software Engineer:
This is an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer with at least 2 years plus programming experience to join a newly formed team within our client’s digital technology area, you will be working on a variety of projects evaluating the latest military technology to counter the current and future threats our country faces. Wargaming, Virtual Games, Wargame scenarios. Synthetic environment. Gaming Platforms
Your Responsibilities as a Software Engineer:
- Development of constructive and real-time Modelling and Simulation (M&S) models and scenarios using a combination of Python, C, C++, and custom scripting languages using object-oriented design techniques.
- Visualise analytical data extracted from these models.
- Work closely with the customer to develop threat laydowns and simulation capabilities representing advanced weapon system concepts and implement those concepts.
- Frequent communication across the engineering disciplines/technology areas with internal stakeholders and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline (Physics, Science, Maths, Technology, Engineering, Computer Science).
- Proven experience in design, development, test, and integration of quality software.
- Experience in object-orientated software design and programming using Python and C, C++
- General knowledge of real-time target environments, including processor and network architectures, communication protocols and simulation frameworks.
- General Systems Engineering skills (requirements definition, requirements analysis, functional design/decomposition, enterprise modelling, test & acceptance).
- Bachelors (or greater) STEM degree or equivalent years of professional experience
- Knowledge of C/C++ programming
- Experience with UE C++
- Experience with Unity Engine
- Experience with C#
- Experience with Python
- Experience with Virtual Reality
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Able to regularly travel to Portsmouth office.
- UK National or Joint National
- Willing and Eligible to gain UK SC Security Clearance
- Interest or experience in Military Simulation and Wargames
Keywords: C, C++, Real Time, Python, C#, Unity Engine, Unreal Engine, UE C++, STEM degree, Digital Technology, Wargames, Wargaming, 3D, Virtual Reality, Military Simulation, Synthetic environment, Gaming Platforms, Object Oriented Design techniques, Software Engineer, Software Developer, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Technology, Engineering, Analytical, Algorithms, Programming, Problem Solving, Simulation
Software Engineer - Modelling and Simulation – C, C++, Unreal Engine