Software Technical Lead - C#
The Software Technical Lead will lead, manage, and inspire our clients engineering teams through development, architecture and testing of software supply chain products. As a hands-on leader, you will help the team fulfil technical, operational, and business requirements. You will guide the team through various functional disciplines including architecture, DevOps, QA and the delivery of software products.
The ideal candidate will be able to solve complex technical challenges while delivering great
software products focused on incredible customer experiences. Ideally, the right candidate will
have experience delivering complex, highly configurable products into the cloud.
They will focus on a ‘quality first’ approach to product engineering and be an advocate of software engineering best practices.
The Software Technical Lead will work closely with the global product management teams to ensure effective working practices based on Scrum/Kanban methodologies and take the lead on the end-to-end delivery and reporting of all product development activities.
The Technical Lead will manage the software team. This will include line management of
Software Engineers. The nature of the team will require the Technical Lead to get involved in
day-to-day developments including working with code to assist the developers.
The Software Engineering team also provides 3rd line support for production issues on a rota
Skills/ Experience Required - Software Team Lead:
- 6+ years’ experience in software engineer role
- 1-3 year’s prior experience leading a team of software engineers e.g. 3-4 developers.
- Strong knowledge of C#
- Proficient in functional & object-oriented programming, design patterns with expertise in various cloud-native technologies
- Proven commercial experience of managing a team through software delivery using Agile Methodologies e.g., SCRUM/ Kanban
- Proficient in relational databases, such as MSSQL, PostgreSQL, or Oracle
- Strong ability to handle a heavy workload with multiple projects and frequent interruptions.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Attention to detail and high-quality standards and architectural principles.
- Self-motivation drive and a determination to succeed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that has the ambition to grow into a global product organisation.
- Ability to mentor and coach developers and testers
- A passion for innovation, and interest in emerging technologies and their application.
- Stakeholder engagement - experience of liaising with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Desired Skills – Software Technical Team Lead:
- Experience using Agile tools like Jira or DevOps Azure
- Experience using Cloud Native CI/CD tools (e.g., Azure Pipelines/Circle CI/Jenkins X)
- Deployment experience with using containers with Kubernetes(K8s) or Functions is desirable.
- Experience working on software for the supply chain industry.
- Experience managing remote/offshore developers.
Degree in Computer Science of equivalent software-based subject
Keywords: C#, OOD, Oracle, DevOps, Cloud Native CI/CD tools, Azure Pipelines, Circle CJ/Jenkins X, SCRM, Agile, MSSQL, PostgreSQL, Algorithms, Software Team Lead, Lead Software Engineer, Product Team Lead, Software Technical Lead, Software Team Lead
Software Technical Lead - C#
Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire / Remote Working for 2-3 days a week, a couple of days in the office / Hybrid Role
Salary: £55,000 to £65,000 plus Pension, Bonus, 25 days holiday, Death in Service