Systems Engineer / Systems Engineering Consultant – Space, Defence sectors
Salary: Competitive salary, bonus and excellent benefits package
This is a hybrid role, working organically within customer teams, home based or using one of the company’s offices as a team hub.
“Are you someone with a background in combat systems engineering looking to take part in multiple complex projects throughout the defence and space sectors?”
Our client is a successful technical consultancy and has a track record of success, as a trusted partner to customers within the defence sector, they are looking to expand their team to keep pace with increasing demand. As part of their growth, they are looking for Engineering Consultants at all levels of experience to join their Systems Engineering practice.
Provide technical support to the UK MOD for their Satellite Communication programme, SKYNET, in multiple roles covering requirements management, modelling & simulation and technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) support
Provide systems expertise to customers operating in the civilian space sector, including interactions with the European Space Agency
Support the Submarine Delivery Agency in the definition of the UK’s future hunter/killer submarines
Provide technical expertise to the development of the future Land Tactical Data Link architecture
Support prime contractors in the delivery of complex MOD systems and platforms
Responsibilities for the role of Systems Engineer/ Systems Engineering Consultant:
- Delivering technical engineering projects
- Using a variety of systems engineering processes including architecture, technical requirements, Critical evaluation, Risk analysis, simulation & mathematical modelling
- Presenting complex solutions to customers and engineers
- Working organically within customer teams, home based or using one of the company’s offices as a team hub
The more senior positions, your responsibilities will also include:
- Leading project teams and undertaking technical assurance
- Building and maintaining relationships with customers and stakeholders – developing new opportunities
- Providing guidance to staff on Systems Engineering processes
- Developing new and innovative techniques
- Support to business winning via customer engagement and bidding
- Line management and staff development
Our client is interested in people who are good at engaging with customers and have the technical expertise to provide trusted support to their projects. You should have a positive, flexible and self-motivated attitude, and be keen to develop yourself and others within the team. Knowledge of UK MOD and industry experience is highly desirable
Systems Engineers should also have experience of working in Engineering projects and using a Systems Engineering process such as ISO15288 or GEAR.
For Senior Engineer positions, you should have a more extensive technical track record, and additional expertise in project management, business winning, stakeholder engagement and/or line management. Experience using Engineering tools such as: DOORs, Enterprise Architect/Archi/Bizz Design or STK is desired.
For Principal Engineer positions, a strong technical background with a proven track record of leading Engineering teams is required. Professional Chartership registration with a recognised technical body such as the IET or INCOSE. A technology speciality such as communications, networking, weapons, RF or military platforms is important. Experience of working with the MOD or in the defence domains is essential.
In return, our client will provide you with the training and on-the-job support to develop your technical knowledge and professional skills as a Systems Engineering consultant. You will have the opportunity to progress within the organisation as the Company grows and your capability develops.
If you are interested in applying for this role, you must have:
- An existing right to live and work in the UK.
- Either a current UK SC or DV clearance.