Systems Engineer – Aerospace
Location: Wimborne, Dorset / very flexible hybrid working
Salary: competitive plus excellent benefits
Our client is a highly successful aerospace & defence company, they offer excellent salary and benefits package including bonus, up to 12% pension, 25 days holiday and many other benefits along with excellent career progression, mentoring and training
The Role – Systems Engineer
Design and working knowledge of developing Aerospace and Military mechanical, electromechanical, avionics systems. You will be working within a multidisciplinary team to support new products and support modifications onto the existing fleet of systems. For this position, you will be responsible for planning the engineering tasks and execute all stages of product support activities. You will convert customer and other stakeholder requirements to define, analyse and develop the total solution to customer problems, through life support contracts. You will also be expected to engage with suppliers and customers to ensure the solution meets expectations. This role is based in Wimborne, Dorset. They offer flexible working arrangements, such as working remotely with attendance on site on an agreed basis as required.
As a Product Systems Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Apply standard engineering principles to a variety of well-defined problems of various complexity Engage with stakeholders (both internal and external) to identify project and product requirements, ensure compliance with agreed processes and achievement of project objectives.
- Be responsible for the generation, monitoring and verification of the product support requirements, including compliance with legislative & regulatory requirements.
- Generate engineering management, and other related plans that support the aftermarket team. Lead failure investigations to arrive at an optimum solution that satisfies the customer as well as the business needs.
- Drive the definition and agreement of product support work packages and planning with other engineering disciplines, customers, and suppliers.
- Support to system level investigations and generate, review, and approve change, conformance and failure documentation, maintaining perspective on the project and system requirements.
- Manage technical risks and opportunities that may have a direct / indirect effect on the delivery of the project and system.
- Provide support in all areas of the product and through life support activities.
As a Product Systems Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Degree in aeronautical, mechanical, electrical engineering or equivalent with experience in aerospace or other safety critical industries.
- Design and working knowledge of developing Aerospace and Military mechanical, electromechanical, avionics systems.
- Knowledge of Aeronautical and Systems standards, specifications, guidelines and certification. Experience in planning, developing and supporting complex engineering systems.
- Experience in performing analyses and test activities to develop and analyse support solutions. Experience in, creating evidence and proving compliance through analysis and test results.
- An understanding as to the validation and certification activities required by military and civil customers and certification agencies.
- Experience in liaising with customers and suppliers.
Keywords: Systems Engineer, Product Systems Engineer, Aerospace, Avionics, Verification, validation, failure investigations, Aeronautical, Mechanical, Electronic, Electromechanical, Military, Avionics Systems
Systems Engineer – Aerospace