Systems Engineer / Project Engineer – Avionics & Electronic Systems
Competitive salary, excellent career progression, bonus, flexi time, 12% pension, flexible benefits, Five weeks holiday, free parking
Our client is a highly successful global aerospace company they are recruiting a Systems Engineer / Project Engineer – Avionics, Electronics who will be required to drive Systems Engineering work packages associated with the integration of Avionics Equipment into Air-to-Air refuelling platforms.
You will be assisting the manager with wider project responsibilities, co-ordinating and supervising team resources
The team design and develop avionics systems from scratch of modify current products depending on customer requirements. Applications are invited from Project and Systems Engineers with qualifications in Avionics or Electronics Engineering and experience in an Aerospace or Military environment.
As a Systems Engineer / Project Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Aerospace experience and relevant avionics standards is ideally sought
- Minimum BEng in Electronic/s Avionics Engineering
- Extensive Systems Engineering experience in an Aerospace or Military environment or a safety critical industry
- Systems Engineering experience, familiar with V-Model
- Requirements Management
- In-depth new product development and design experience.
- Good knowledge of avionics systems e.g. black boxes, looms, previous experience working on these produces during your career
- Familiar with Avionics and Databus (MIL-STD-1553, ARINC429, CAN)
- Experience working to recognised standards e.g.DO-160, DO-254
- Strong communication skills
- Commercial business acumen for the wider project responsibilities and resource coordination elements of the position.
As a Systems Engineer / Project Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Manage all aspects of the Systems Integration activities for Avionics Equipment through their life cycle, from early development stage to in-service support including obsolescence management
- Preparation of technical estimates for non-recurring costs and manpower requirements
- Coordinate cross functional teams, technical management of specialists such as design, performance
- and ILS engineers;
- Technical management of external suppliers and outsource providers
- Liaison with customers, internal and external
- Requirements capture, allocation, derivation, validation and verification
- Interface definition and management
- System, sub-system and equipment architecture definition, design and analysis
- Preparation of technical specification and other project documentation
- Preparation and presentation of technical design reviews
- Report progress to the program management and other business entities
Keywords: Avionics, Systems Engineering, Systems Integration, Military Aircraft, Electronics, Databus, MIL-STD -1553 ARINC429, CAN, DO-160, DO-254, ILS, Design and Analysis, Technical specifications, Design Reviews, Obsolescence Management, Technical Estimates, Requirements Capture, Validation and Verification, Black Boxes, Looms, Avionics Systems, V-Model, Requirements Management
Systems Engineer / Project Engineer - Avionics & Electronics Systems
Location: Wimborne Dorset