Systems Test Engineer – Test and Qualification – Aerospace
Our client is a highly successful global aerospace company, they are looking for a Development / Systems Engineer to work as part of the engineering team collating equipment and system level qualification evidence in order to demonstrate compliance to customer requirements.
The client’s tools and processes are advanced providing a fantastic environment in which to learn and advance your career. Ideal candidates will be looking for a role where they bring their Engineering skills and develop them to their full potential within the business.
As a Development / Systems Test Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Engineering HNC with relevant apprenticeship or degree in relevant Engineering degree
- Experience of requirements management tools (DOORS, CRADLE etc) or equivalent test tools would be highly desirable.
- Knowledge of environmental standards (RTCA DO160, MIL-STD-810 etc) would be highly desirable.
- Defence/Aerospace business experience (including knowledge/understanding of test
- standards within this area
- Systems V model experience, working as a Systems Engineer across varied lifecycle phases (ideally with strong interaction with test teams)
- Experience of performing environmental and functional testing would be advantageous.
- Experience of development engineering activities and understanding of product lifecycles.
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Excel for data analysis.
As a Systems Test Development / Systems Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
- Provide technical input to requirements definition and validation.
- Customer and supplier facing responsibilities to discuss and agree qualification strategy and activity.
- Compilation of development and qualification plans including functional, environmental and mechanical aspects.
- Compilation of test procedures and reports.
- Analysis and interpretation of test data.
- Equipment and system evaluation against requirements to produce qualification statements including analysis and comparison of requirements and build standards.
- Input to verification matrices at equipment, sub-system or system level to demonstrate compliance to customers.
- Planning, arranging and attending test activities including control of test hardware, test support equipment, transportation and test cost and schedule.
Keywords: Systems Engineering, Development, Test, Environmental Standards, RTCA, DO160, Mil Std 810, V Model, Aerospace, Test Tools DOORS, Cradle, Test Qualification Lifecycle
Systems Test Development Engineer – Test and Qualification – Aerospace
Salary: Competitive with 25 days holiday, flexi time, on-site parking, 12% pension and lots of other benefits
Location: Wimborne, Dorset