Technical Product Manager – Wireless Systems, Cellular, 4G, 5G, RF Mobile Network Solutions
Our client is a highly successful solutions provider, they have a 90+ year history of technical innovations that have evolved to keep pace and address our customer’s most pressing business issues. they make equipment, software, and systems that help to plan, deploy, certify, monitor, and optimize all kinds of networks - like those for mobile phones, service providers, large businesses and data centres, they are also at the forefront of optical security – they bend light to develop and deliver optical solutions that provide security to the world’s currencies and safety and performance applications for consumer electronics and spectrometry.
They are now looking for a Technical Product Manager to provide through life product management to maximize revenue and customer satisfaction by liaising closely with Engineering, Operations, Sales and Service/Support departments and customers
As a Technical Product Manager your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- The candidate will be a driven individual able to work within a team and able to understand and articulate customer technical requirements and with a proven ability to deliver against targets.
- The individual will be expected to understand the global radio communications market and identify opportunities for the company’s wireless products and contribute to the overall direction and expansion of the business
- A confident public speaker, with the ability to motivate internal and external stakeholders.
- The individual must be highly organized, with the ability to multi-task, work to tight timescales and highly adaptable to changing situations.
- Local and international travel is an integral part of this position and the successful candidate should be prepared to spend up to 15% of their time travelling.
Qualifications & Experience
- The successful candidate will hold an Engineering Degree and have a strong technical background, with a wide knowledge of RF Test & Measurement products.
- The successful candidate must have previous experience within an Engineering (research or development engineers) or Marketing
- Strong technical background in the wireless and cellular industry, particularly 4G, 5G (desirable), PHY & L2 & L3 incorporating product management, customer support and marketing communications.
- Understanding for core network topology and services aspects will be much appreciated
- Experience on tools, Ux/UI, Applications & services etc would be highly desirable.
- They must also have good oral and written English, be PC literate, and ideally possess a recognized marketing qualification.
As a Technical Product Manager your main responsibilities will involve:
- Provide through life product management for the Test Mobile Network Tester (UE simulator)
- Be marketing champion for TM500 system activities, with focus on 4G, 4.5G and 5G technologies, services & features
- Generation of market requirements specifications, technical requirements and business case development
- Working in collaboration with engineering product owners to develop detailed technical specifications in an agile development process
- Arbitrate over feature scope and delivery schedules
- Planning and execution of new product launch activities. Prepare collateral and execute launch plans in association with Marcoms and Applications Engineers
- Plan and produce regular updated communication material for publication to sales and customers
- Assist in resolving customer queries and problems
- Working in collaboration with customer support organization to produce support strategies
- New product planning including tracking market trends, identify business opportunities and competitor landscape
- Develop market positioning strategies and product pricing
- Organize training and promotional events for the benefits of customer and sales / channel partners
- Compile information in response to tenders and customer proposals.
- Develop relationships with key suppliers and customers
- Maintain a thorough understanding of competitive landscape and react to maintain competitive advantage.
- Compile sales forecast and factory loading requirements.
If you have what it takes to push boundaries and seize opportunities, apply to join our client’s team today.
Keywords: Wireless, Cellular, 4G, 4.5G, 5G, RF, Mobile, Network Solutions, RF, Test and Measurement products, Product Manager
Technical Product Manager – Wireless Systems, Cellular 4G, 5G, RF Mobile Network Solutions.
Location: Stevenage, Hertfordshire