Our client, based in Knutsford, Cheshire, is looking for an experienced UX/UI. They are a Web Security company and a global leader in the cybersecurity sector. Our client’s cutting-edge software is used by over 50,000 customers in 150 countries to help them secure their web applications. You would be working with a fun group of people from a diverse range of backgrounds, who pull together to produce amazing outcomes for customers. Our client continually invests in and supports their people, giving them opportunities to flourish in a supportive and collaborative working environment. The salary is highly competitive with excellent benefits
This is a hugely exciting opportunity for a world-class UX/UI Designer to join our client’s team, bringing your niche expertise in desktop application design, you will work with a high-performing team to solve complex design problems. As UX/UI Designer you should come from a technical background as someone who may have started their career as a developer or programmer but have taken a keen interest into all things UX. Someone that can demonstrate technical experience, as well as a strong portfolio of visual design and problem solving using UX methodologies and principles. Someone looking for a hands-on design role in a highly collaborative flat team environment.
UX/UI Designer Essential Skills
- Strong technical background and knowledge - comfortable having highly technical conversations with developers and customers.
- Full-stack, cross-platform design experience, from discovery to design, through to building and delivering an exceptional product.
- Previous experience modernizing the design for a desktop application and understanding the challenges and opportunities that go with it.
- Ability to keep the customer at the heart of everything you do. Validating your ideas with data and customer research to build products that will delight the user.
- Exposure or experience with working in a cross-functional agile team solving complex user problems and evolving your design in rapid iterations to meet changing requirements.
- Experience using design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Axure, XD.
- Experience with moderating user testing and conducting interviews.
- Experience using user story techniques.
- A depth of hands-on experience with various UX methods such as empathy mapping or customer journey mapping.
- Good understanding of interaction design, including common UI patterns.
- Experience in creating user personas.
- A healthy understanding of accessibility standards.
- Proven ability to multi-task and deliver continuous, incremental value to the team.
- Self-motivate with the ability to adapt quickly, forming outstanding and innovative ideas.
Although not essential to the role, it would be beneficial to have some knowledge or interest in the following area:
- Cybersecurity - although direct experience with Application Security is not required
Keywords: UX/UI Designer, Web Security, cybersecurity, Software, Full stack, UX methodologies and principles, Agile, user test, Figma, Sketch, Axure, XD
Location: Knutsford, Cheshire / some remote working
Salary: highly competitive with excellent benefits