Work Package Owner
Location: Wimborne, Dorset / Hybrid
Salary: very competitive plus excellent benefits
Our client is a highly successful aerospace & defence company, they offer excellent salary and benefits package including bonus, up to 12% pension, 25 days holiday and many other benefits along with excellent career progression, mentoring and training.
Our client has an exciting role for a Work Package Owner to deliver new and modifications to our clients existing system projects. The successful candidate should have design and working knowledge of developing Aerospace and Military mechanical systems. For this position, you will be responsible for planning the engineering tasks and execute all stages of lifecycle management relating to execution of the planned engineering activities like, requirements management, validation, systems design, development, integration, verification and qualification as per the company standard processes. You will convert customer and other stakeholder requirements to define, analyse and inform the total project solution. You will also be expected to engage with suppliers and customers to ensure the solution meets their expectations. This role is based from Wimborne, Dorset. Flexible working arrangements, such as working remotely with attendance on site on an agreed basis as required. Candidates will need to undergo baseline security clearance for this role.
As a Work Package Owner, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Generate engineering plans e.g. engineering management, requirements management & validation and verification plans.
- Provide support in all areas of the product lifecycle and deliver a totally integrated solution.
- Engage with the customers on a regular basis to ensure consensus on the technical approach, path to certification and a well-established understanding on the delivery milestones and expectations
- Work with the Programme Management team to ensure the engineering plans and estimates are fully reflected into the overall programme plans and schedule
- Work with the suppliers, provide technical oversight, ensure they fully understand and deliver to the project schedule and quality requirements
- Engage with the stakeholders (both internal and external) to identify project, product requirements, ensure compliance with agreed processes and achievement of project delivery objectives.
- Plan and schedule engineering design gate reviews, engage with other functions e.g. airworthiness, safety to ensure the project delivery milestones are fully met.
- Organise and conduct engineering change review boards, manage engineering changes and ensure engineering artefacts are under change control
- Be responsible for the generation, monitoring, validation and verification of the product requirements, including compliance with legislative & regulatory requirements.
- Generate, review and approve system design, development, and verification documentation.
- Support the definition and agreement of product integration approach and planning with other engineering disciplines, customers, and suppliers.
- Support failure investigations, generate, review, and approve change, conformance and failure documentation, maintaining perspective on the project and system requirements.
- Manage technical risks and opportunities that may have a direct / indirect effect on the delivery of the project.
- Provide technical oversight to junior engineers and temporary workers and help them to plan, deliver to the project needs.
As a Work Package Owner, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Degree in aeronautical, mechanical, electrical engineering or equivalent with experience in aerospace or other safety critical industries.
- Design and working knowledge of developing Aerospace and Military mechanical systems.
- Knowledge of Aerospace Product Development standards, specifications, guidelines and certification considerations.
- Experience in planning, scheduling, coordinating with other engineering functions in developing complex mechanical and electro-mechanical systems.
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams and influence stakeholders on the technical matters
- Experience in liaising with customers and suppliers.
- Experience in requirements capture, break down and management using industry standard requirements management tools.
- Experience in managing product life cycle data using industry standard configuration management and product life-cycle management (PLM) tools
- Experience in technical risk management and optimisation of engineering solutions.
- Experience in creating and reviewing verification evidence and proving compliance through analysis and test results.
- An understanding on the product certification activities required by the military customers and certification agencies.
Keywords: Work Package Owner, aeronautical, mechanical, electrical, military mechanical systems
Work Package Owner