Senior Analyst & Analyst – Operational Analysis, Python, Modelling, Software Design, Advanced VBA & Excel, Power BI
Salary: £35,000 to £60,000 plus excellent benefits
Location: Winchester Hampshire / Hybrid role
Our client has an exciting opportunity to join our growing management consultancy, with an enviable reputation and senior level client base. They have a strong track record in UK MOD and government.
They value their people and believe in building everyone’s capabilities and strengths to help them reach their full potential.
The Opportunity – Operational Analyst/Consultant
Our client is looking for a positive, flexible self-starter to join their team as a Senior Analyst. This is an exciting opportunity to play a leading role in delivering operational analysis capability as an integral part of a small, agile, and growing business.
Their team of analysts, consultants and Defence SMEs work closely with their customers to deliver high-impact services and solutions. Data science and operational analysis are a key part of the Company’s capability. They are growing this capability and are looking for a highly motivated and capable Senior Analyst.
As Senior Operational Analyst your role will include:
- Designing, developing, and running analysis models.
- Using agile approaches to develop models and tools, including requirements capture, design, development, testing and management.
- Collating, managing, structuring, analysing and visualising data.
- Deriving unique insights from data to inform senior-level decision making.
- Taking a leading role in the day-to-day delivery of projects, working closely with our clients and our team of consultants and analysts.
- Taking a consultative approach to your work, understanding how your work contributes to delivering a great result for our clients.
- Developing strong relationships with the wider Company’s team.
- Our UK office is based just outside Winchester. The role will require a blend of working from our office, occasional travel to client sites, and working from home.
- The Company’s main clients will be based around key UK Defence establishments in the south of England.
Skills/Qualifications – Senior Operational Analyst/Consultant:
- Software development using Python.
- Operational Analysis (OA) approaches and techniques
- Strong mathematical skills
- Requirements gathering
- Software design
- Strong data analysis skills
- Highly numerate
- A self-starter and team player.
- Good communication skills, enabling you to work confidently with team members and clients.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise your work.
- Attention to detail and the drive to see work through to completion.
- A positive and flexible approach to your work.
- Degree, MSc or equivalent
Knowledge and experience of the following is desirable:
- Experience working within UK MoD
- UI/UX design
- Discrete event simulation
- Data science techniques
- Advanced data analysis in Excel
- Advanced VBA
- Knowledge of current software development approaches, platforms and best practice.
- Experience of designing and deploying Microsoft365, SharePoint, PowerBI, Dataverse and PowerApps solutions.
Recent UK Defence Security Clearance (SC) would be of interest but is not essential.
Keywords: Operational Analyst, Operational Analysis, OA, VBA, Python, Microsoft365, PowerBI, Dataverse, PowerApps, Advanced Excel, UI/UX design, Simulation, Modelling, Data Science, Requirements Gathering, Software Design, MOD Defence, Agile, UK MoD, Government, Modelling, Simulation, Numeracy, Advanced VBA, Advanced Excel
Senior Analyst and Analyst – Operational Analysis, Python, Modelling, Software Design